Author Topic: Government System - Theocracy  (Read 1822 times)

Zakilevo

Government System - Theocracy
« Topic Start: November 19, 2011, 05:40:15 AM »
I doubt this will be implemented in a near future.

I want to suggest a special feature (could have been mentioned before) for Theocracies.

They should have an option to declare the main religion of the realm. Unlike other government systems, theocracies should only allow one religion. Knights of a theocracy should have an option to 'purge' heretics or heathens to stop other religion from spreading.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Government System - Theocracy
« Reply #1: November 19, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »
I doubt this will be implemented in a near future.

I want to suggest a special feature (could have been mentioned before) for Theocracies.

They should have an option to declare the main religion of the realm. Unlike other government systems, theocracies should only allow one religion. Knights of a theocracy should have an option to 'purge' heretics or heathens to stop other religion from spreading.
I think it would be best for all systems to have the option of having a state religion, with different effects on that religion and the realm depending on the realm type.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 19, 2011, 09:24:06 AM »
My understanding is that Government types as we know them are going to disappear. The ability to change things like whether a position is appointed or elected was the first step in the process. If that is true then this concept likely needs to fit in with the idea of customisable governments.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: November 19, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
Also, I've rejected it before.