Author Topic: Can we really get away with Funding Rebellion in our Family Home region?  (Read 6327 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can you do it without getting caught? Sure. But it ain't worth it, effects only become interesting if you invest a lot.

But as Anaris hinted, don't expect to make a 100/100/100/core region revolt just by spending a few hundred gold. I've used this tool on Athol Margos probably a dozen times so far, and it only had interesting effects at one occasion where it was already in bad shape. On the other hand, it does increase sympathy to your realm considerably, which is quite interesting if you want to FTO or CTO it.

Do it if the region has a large army or horde in it, or if it's starving (and only after the starvation effects started, not before), but otherwise don't bother. Also, do it by having in mind that you'll get caught, so if you have two characters on an island, always do it with the same, preferably the one with the least odds of getting captured.
Hmm, thank you for your detailed reply and explanation. It sure helpful to make the enemy region revolt when their army busy TO it after it gone rogue. Make their TO time longer.

My curious mind presents me with more questions.

1) So if the region is rogue, do we got caught by rogue if luck not on our side?

2) How luck factor out or is there any factors in how game determine we got caught doing this?

I liked the idea of "How dare you flirt with my sister?"  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Lol, Messing with my brother and trying to flirt with my sister  :P

Absolutely!  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
To be clear, "getting caught" means you get an automatic ban from the realm that owns the region, but you are not imprisoned.

Also, it would be deeply pointless to try this on a rogue region.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
To be clear, "getting caught" means you get an automatic ban from the realm that owns the region, but you are not imprisoned.

Also, it would be deeply pointless to try this on a rogue region.

If you lack ambassadors and the rogue city in question doesn't have enough sympathy to your realm for you to do the CTO you want, it would be useful to fund the rebels there, assuming it's even possible when the region is rogue.

Unless I remember really poorly, the action increase sympathy quite a bit.

Mind you, should be much cheaper and easier to find a diplomat though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron