Author Topic: Can we really get away with Funding Rebellion in our Family Home region?  (Read 6517 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As question says above.

Can we really get away with Funding Rebellion in our Family Home region? What is Finding Rebellion good for and how it functions? For your information, I have an unlucky start in my career earlier, having my Family Home in enemy region. Is it a blessing in disguise?

Thank you  :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
I think that was the whole point of the feature... ?
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I believe that it is very expensive, and the effect is not overly large. I only remember one case of it being used, and by itself  it did not make the city revolt.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It raises independence and drops the other stats, by a significant amount, but not, as Indirik says, enough to make the region revolt all by itself.

Chénier once did this to Athol Margos (Riombara, BT) three times within a week or two, and...I'm not sure if it barely revolted, or barely didn't.  He might recall.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The first time I did that, I got banned. :-[

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It raises independence and drops the other stats, by a significant amount, but not, as Indirik says, enough to make the region revolt all by itself.

Chénier once did this to Athol Margos (Riombara, BT) three times within a week or two, and...I'm not sure if it barely revolted, or barely didn't.  He might recall.

Can you do it without getting caught? Sure. But it ain't worth it, effects only become interesting if you invest a lot.

But as Anaris hinted, don't expect to make a 100/100/100/core region revolt just by spending a few hundred gold. I've used this tool on Athol Margos probably a dozen times so far, and it only had interesting effects at one occasion where it was already in bad shape. On the other hand, it does increase sympathy to your realm considerably, which is quite interesting if you want to FTO or CTO it.

Do it if the region has a large army or horde in it, or if it's starving (and only after the starvation effects started, not before), but otherwise don't bother. Also, do it by having in mind that you'll get caught, so if you have two characters on an island, always do it with the same, preferably the one with the least odds of getting captured.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
...if you have two characters on an island, always do it with the same, preferably the one with the least odds of getting captured.

Don't you mean: Do it with the character that would have an IC reason to do it? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Don't you mean: Do it with the character that would have an IC reason to do it? ;)

"Messing with my brother" is a perfectly good IC reason to do anything.

Family meant the world back then, so odds are all family members would have just as much to gain by hurting any said foe. In normal circumstances, that is.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
chenier does it to athol margos all the time XD

it should now have more of an effect in a way, because you don't get as significant a stat recovery from massive estates.
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile

Family meant the world back then, so odds are all family members would have just as much to gain by hurting any said foe. In normal circumstances, that is.

This is why I like Dwilight. No hive-mind nobles.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
1 char, 2 char per continent makes no difference for this.
because you can stick another character on the same continent when 1's killed, etc.
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
1 char, 2 char per continent makes no difference for this.
because you can stick another character on the same continent when 1's killed, etc.

Still better than facing two enemies with a single mind.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Meh, I still think Dwilight is the worst continent for that. You can actually have multiple chars there without them ever having anything to do with eachother.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
This is why I like Dwilight. No hive-mind nobles.

If you can't play separate characters working together without them being clones, sorry to say, but you just suck at RP. That doesn't mean normal players can't play characters of compatible agendas as  individuals.

The individual being greater than the family or the collectivity is a modern thing. People who try to have different personalities for their chars but who overcompensate by making them drama queen complete opposites are worse than people who fail to play them apart.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The first time I did that, I got banned. :-[
Whoa, so does it depend on certain factors such as timing, random luck roll whether you get caught or not?  :o

I believe that it is very expensive, and the effect is not overly large. I only remember one case of it being used, and by itself  it did not make the city revolt.
Region revolt, that's what plan I have in mind. Better than having the region in enemy hand.
Upgrading and improving my characters from honorable to occasional funny characters  ;D

Lol, Messing with my brother and trying to flirt with my sister  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)