Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Civilization expanding?

Started by Indirik, November 23, 2011, 04:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramiel

Well no, he is insane and technically dead. The only reason he is still around is to finish off one small rp with some others. That is unless Brom should come close, then its time to go a-brom-hunting.

@Indirik: even Ramiel did not predict the treachery of Solaria and the greed of Fulco D`Este. He thought Bedwyr would have completed the two colony plans. Meh things happen and people wreck plans.

The next toon might go to Kabrinski/w.e. :)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

dustole

Quote from: Ramiel on March 15, 2012, 12:35:51 AM

"toon"?  I am unfamiliar with the word used in this context?  Your next character might come to Kabrinskia?  The more the merrier!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on March 15, 2012, 01:31:41 AM
Toon = character.

A hideous term in the eyes of myself and at least some others.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

I dont see it that way as toon is just a shortened version of cartoon which isn't necessarily bad.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

Well no, he is insane and technically dead. The only reason he is still around is to finish off one small rp with some others. That is unless Brom should come close, then its time to go a-brom-hunting.

@Indirik: even Ramiel did not predict the treachery of Solaria and the greed of Fulco D`Este. He thought Bedwyr would have completed the two colony plans. Meh things happen and people wreck plans.

Too bad, Brom has more friends than Ramiel, and stronger ones too. Plus, I'm sure you'd grow bored of it rather quickly.

Anyway, I have to agree "toon" is kind of an 'interesting' way to say character.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

egamma

Quote from: Penchant on March 15, 2012, 02:54:51 AM
I dont see it that way as toon is just a shortened version of cartoon which isn't necessarily bad.

We're not drawing a comic, we're writing a story. They're characters like Lancelot and Gandalf, not Donald Duck and Betty Boop.

De-Legro

Quote from: egamma on March 15, 2012, 05:24:13 AM
We're not drawing a comic, we're writing a story. They're characters like Lancelot and Gandalf, not Donald Duck and Betty Boop.

Its slang, so long as they aren't using it in RP's or in game who really cares.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

D`Este

Ramiel, there were many reasons for the war, but greed wasn't among them.

Chenier

Quote from: De-Legro on March 15, 2012, 05:28:03 AM
Its slang, so long as they aren't using it in RP's or in game who really cares.

I'm not gonna whack anyone with a stick because they use it, I do have friends who use it.

But as was said, "toon" for "cartoon"? I just dislike the sound of it. Makes me imagine a pixelized FF character or something.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

Quote from: egamma on March 15, 2012, 05:24:13 AM

Obviously you never visited Norland.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

Quote from: Perth on March 15, 2012, 05:11:26 PM
Obviously you never visited Norland.

I did. I do my best to forget it.

Perth

Quote from: Chénier on March 15, 2012, 11:21:17 PM
I did. I do my best to forget it.

Things like that... scar a mind.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

Quote from: Perth on March 16, 2012, 03:47:20 AM

Things like that... scar a mind.

Indeed.

You see, I do find "toon" to be quite appropriate of what I saw in Norland.

But what I saw in Norland are things I would never wish to see again anywhere else. Toons do that stuff. Not characters.

Ramiel

I accept your false abhorrence of my wording, and I choose to completely and fully ignore it.

If I drew my character, it would be called a cartoon, even if it was not done in a Disney style etc.

Besides, I reserve the right to say toon/character/cartoon/actor/FSM if I feel like it.

Have a good day! I must be off to DnD now, got a campaign awaiting!
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries