Author Topic: Soldiers starving?  (Read 5826 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers starving?
« Reply #15: November 23, 2011, 01:44:06 AM »
How many healers are enough?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 23, 2011, 05:31:06 AM »
How many regions were you travelling? And hundreds out of how many? And did they really all have enough healers?

Standard Arcaean units have 1 healer per 10-20 men for infantry and Cav, and 1 per 20 for archers. How many nobles actually follow that I don't know, but given how much our CS can recover after a battle, its probably pretty good. I think we had to travel through 3 rogue regions, and I have no idea how many men we had to start with, I do know that the losses took away what was a sizable CS advantage over the enemy to the point where we had JUST more CS, if we managed to get everyone in the same reigon.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 23, 2011, 05:35:48 AM »
3 regions is pretty long. Was there no alternate route possible?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 23, 2011, 05:43:26 AM »
We have two options to assault Arcachon, go through Soniel with its level 2 walls. Since it takes at least 2-3 turns to cross the water that gives Arcachon plenty of time to get their army plus the 6k militia behind those walls. The other option is to go through the land that used to belong to OW and attack through a rural. You could detour even more and go through populated regions, but really we are already stretching the time the army can be away from the realm and still be effective.

Since OW seem to think they have the skills and efficiency to TO parts of Arcachon, maybe they finally have it together enough to reclaim rogue regions on their borders first. I doubt it though, with very few exceptions the only nobility in OW that I had any respect for joined the new realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 24, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »
Standard Askileon Military suggest 1 healer per 10 for Cavalry and Infantry (and melee special forces) or 1 healer per 15 men for archers and ranged special forces. We generally frown about Mixed Infantry and I have yet to see anyone pick such a unit, until someone does we dont have a suggestion :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

egamma

« Reply #20: November 24, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
Standard Askileon Military suggest 1 healer per 10 for Cavalry and Infantry (and melee special forces) or 1 healer per 15 men for archers and ranged special forces. We generally frown about Mixed Infantry and I have yet to see anyone pick such a unit, until someone does we dont have a suggestion :D

If MI are on a testing island, treat them like archers; if they are on stable, treat them like infantry. Or just give up because they will break rank and charge the enemy and be cut down.