Author Topic: Simple request: "Reply to list" for messages sent to the whole realm  (Read 6845 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
When I joined Abington, fifty non-scout report non-autogenerated messages a turn wasn't uncommon, and when something interesting happened several hundred a turn wasn't unexpected.  I remember at one point spending eight hours straight one Saturday, and there being more messages when I went to go get dinner than when I started.  Realm spam was a major problem in those days.

These days?  Not so much.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

Good old days. Ahh... I was somewhat depressed when I found out the player number gone down the hill after a long pause. Hope making things more simple will bring back some people.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Simplify simplify... That's how we going attract new players  :)

I agree with this feature request. Reply to list is a good thing. Nowadays people are busy in RL, hardly have time to play longer period. In short, everyone want a faster click this and that. This feature request is 1 of them  ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
That's not spam, that's a hint to all the other nobles to welcome the new person.

I agree with that. To hold new players is better that many realm mates welcome him/her in public. If not the new players see a desert place and won't come back again or individual messages tha maybe repeat the same things

I remember in Eston an year ago there was some players that did silly and annoying talks to the whole realm, nobody cares about but they did insist until they got annoyed too and quit...well they didn't seem discouraged by clicking twice. So in the end if someone want to spam he'll do anyway, if someone wants to send a regular messages maybe sometimes he's discouraged by the "go to Messages page...etc"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I have a concept for a better message system that will enable things like this. But we need to get the backend back in order first.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
When I joined Fontan 6 months ago, the realm went almost 3 weeks with only one realm-wide message that was not auto-generated. This is not an exaggeration. It's not that bad right now. But still, a period of two or three days is not uncommon.

When I first joined Perdan back in 2006, 200 or so message *per turn* was not uncommon. These days, I only see stuff like that in Sanguis Astroism when someone starts a theological argument.  :-\

I also joined in 2006, and though I saw significantly more messages than I do now, I very rarely saw hundreds of messages. Some realms might have had that many messages, but I doubt the average was *that* much. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
I have a concept for a better message system that will enable things like this. But we need to get the backend back in order first.

Ooh, I'd forgotten about this.  To everyone else, when this happens, it will be very cool and make this discussion moot.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"