Author Topic: Simple request: "Reply to list" for messages sent to the whole realm  (Read 7027 times)

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
Just a minor request in order to reduce the number of clicks

When you receive messages sent to the whole realm (generally the most part) and you want to answer to the whole realm too, you've to go to Messages page and then click to "all of your realm-mates" (and you don't have on the same screen the message you want to reply).

Could it be possible to add "Reply to list" option to this kind of messages avoing this unnecessary step?

Thank you

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Pretty sure this has been suggested before.  Not sure, however, what became of it.

At the very least, I would like to see this for the mobile site.  Would make life so much easier.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Pretty sure this has been suggested before.  Not sure, however, what became of it.

At the very least, I would like to see this for the mobile site.  Would make life so much easier.

Indeed, a search could probably help you out.

From what I remember, it used to be possible, but it led to spam in the days of 200+ nobles per realm. Things have changed since, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I'd rather have the 200+ nobles per realm days back, though.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'd rather have the 200+ nobles per realm days back, though.

I can't comment on what the number I'd prefer would be, as I wasn't there back then, but I too would indeed like to have more players back.

However, we did to great advertising and recruitment pushes, to no significant effect. These days are apparently not coming back. And if they do, it's years away anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I can't comment on what the number I'd prefer would be, as I wasn't there back then, but I too would indeed like to have more players back.

However, we did to great advertising and recruitment pushes, to no significant effect. These days are apparently not coming back. And if they do, it's years away anyways.

Once the changes that we have in the backend are complete, I think those days come back. We have a lot of really great changes upcoming.

egamma

Once the changes that we have in the backend are complete, I think those days come back. We have a lot of really great changes upcoming.

Well stop playing Skyrim and Zombie Lane and get coding Tom!!

(kidding, kidding)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I've long since stopped playing Zombie Lane.

The main thing stopping me isn't Skyrim and it's nothing anyone here can do anything about. I'm sorry for it, but it's nothing I can really help, either.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
Just a question:

how a simple "Reply to the whole realm" link had increased "spam"? And what does it means spam in BM context?

egamma

Just a question:

how a simple "Reply to the whole realm" link had increased "spam"? And what does it means spam in BM context?

"spam" means a lot of realm messages that are really between 2 characters, that nobody else really cares about.

example: When a new player joins, some people message the entire realm to welcome the one new player. I send that player a personal letter instead.

Gustav Kuriga

"spam" means a lot of realm messages that are really between 2 characters, that nobody else really cares about.

example: When a new player joins, some people message the entire realm to welcome the one new player. I send that player a personal letter instead.

That's not spam, that's a hint to all the other nobles to welcome the new person.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
That's not spam, that's a hint to all the other nobles to welcome the new person.

Considering how much in said realm-wide these days, I'd welcome any such spam with pleasure.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
As I've said before, I think the lack of a Reply All on realmwide messages used to have a place. But I'm with Chenier in that I think it might be nice to have more realm-wide traffic these days. But I am doing my part to live up a few realms these days.

* Indirik waves to Fontan!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Even without reply all Fontan was awash with far too many realm wide messages, but this was what a year or more ago, its been quite some time since I've been in Fontan and its certainly a much smaller realm now then it was.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
When I joined Fontan 6 months ago, the realm went almost 3 weeks with only one realm-wide message that was not auto-generated. This is not an exaggeration. It's not that bad right now. But still, a period of two or three days is not uncommon.

When I first joined Perdan back in 2006, 200 or so message *per turn* was not uncommon. These days, I only see stuff like that in Sanguis Astroism when someone starts a theological argument.  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.