Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 448783 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1170: April 04, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »
And the funny thing is: The Netherworld forces aren't even "vastly overpowered", as some whiners have it. In fact, their main advantage is that their power is concentrated, but in sum total, they're about equal to the human realms right now.

I'm not sure that's true right now, not at all. There are five daimon forces out there. Conservatively, they are about 25k CS apiece. No one realm can muster that much strength, most less than half that total, and there's only nine realms in all.

I don't think they're overpowered; they are certainly beatable. However, I think they have a significant force advantage right now even if you combine all the humans together, and they have major tactical and strategic advantages. Unlimited morale, incredibly fast strategic movement through the blight (if not outright teleportation), the ability to charge up walls, get knocked down and charge again and again and again, the ability to run TOs in any region they want, the ability to permanently deny access to conquered regions via the blight, hidden mechanics that make coming up with counter-strategies a guessing game, the list goes on.

In short, we've really got our work cut out for us, but I do think it's possible. If these horrors aren't the bottom of the barrel though, I think we are definitely toast. It'll be an all hands effort just to survive the current wave of attacks, if we survive. If we manage to destroy an army of horrors and the commander just heads into the blight and shows up with a whole new army of them a day later then I do not see any way we could possibly win.