Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 447676 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1215: April 06, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
That's not all.. Some Blighted regions seem to have unblighted, Ukh and Mouzl!

And Bessimir and Kannoktet and Fikman. They're now covered by the shade but the previous border-regions like gethsemene and pomatim etc aren't anymore.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216: April 06, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
In interests of completeness, this is the full list of effects that I've noticed.

Dark Clouds were removed from Agyr, Lastfell, Wailing Wood, Winifael, Pomatim, Gethsemene and Sniika.

Blight was reduced to Dark Clouds in Kannoket, Ukh, Mouzl, Bessimir and Fikman.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1217: April 06, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
You can't move your capital while it's being TOed apparently.

Wrong. You can't move the capital while there is fighting going on (this turn or the turn before, it takes a turn to "cool down"). You can move while it's being taken over. Why don't people read the messages we give them? It says nothing about takeover, it says:

You can not move your capital here while there is unrest or war.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1218: April 06, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
Yes, unfortunately we're essentially powerless in the meantime. As is Nothoi. As is Sint (in all likelihood). Stupid game mechanics.

Stupid players not actually reading the messages the game writes.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219: April 06, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
Tom...wouldn't a take over cause unrest? Which is why it might be unclear what the game says..

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1220: April 06, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
Tom...wouldn't a take over cause unrest? Which is why it might be unclear what the game says..

Wouldn't the message say "because of the running takeover"? You know, like pretty much all of the other messages in the game? We really try hard to give you the actual reason and not some arcane bull!@#$. If the message says "war or unrest", then it means "war and unrest", and not something else that someone might interpret as his grandmother thinking that her nephew would understand to probably include the troubles caused by a takeover.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221: April 06, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »
These capital cities sure are hard to capture, even with almost no oposition.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222: April 06, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »
Yes, capitals are notoriously hard to TO, even for invaders. 60,000 undead didn't succeed to TO Unger from under Thalmarkin not even after sitting there for 2 weeks.

And the TO of Vozzessdor from under Neo Grehk by Old Grehk took 3 weeks if I remember correctly (had to start many different ones, TO's work differently now though).

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223: April 06, 2012, 07:45:37 PM »
Wrong. You can't move the capital while there is fighting going on (this turn or the turn before, it takes a turn to "cool down"). You can move while it's being taken over. Why don't people read the messages we give them? It says nothing about takeover, it says:

I wasn't trying to be insulting Tom, but as someone else pointed it out, it's not *that* clear. Unrest could mean any of the following: Low region control, low morale, low loyalty or any combination of the three. War could mean battles but it could also mean looting or a takeover in progress. If you intend for it to be explicit about the cause then make it explicit. E.g:

"You can not move your capital because a battle was fought there recently".

I had little reason to think this was the cause because I've had no report of a battle fought there for over two and a half days. How long should it be before I can perform this action? Or is the problem actually whatever constitutes 'unrest'? Morale is pretty low as you might imagine, but control and loyalty are both high.

Edit: And I still can't do it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:47:11 PM by Geronus »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224: April 06, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »
I gotta concur, "unrest" is pretty damn vague. And no Tom, a lot of things are pretty unclear in this game. Some of it is intentionally obfuscated, too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225: April 07, 2012, 12:09:53 AM »
"Unrest" seems to literally refer to an incipient rebellion of some sort, while a takeover is a separate sovereign agency attempting to wrest control away.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:13:07 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226: April 07, 2012, 03:23:17 AM »
"Unrest" seems to literally refer to an incipient rebellion of some sort, while a takeover is a separate sovereign agency attempting to wrest control away.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

"Unrest" is a vague term that frequently appears in BM for no apparent reason.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227: April 07, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »
Hang Rebels

8 hours

By the end of the day 57 peasants swing gently from the gallows.

Did I just blow your mind?
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228: April 07, 2012, 03:49:46 AM »
umm.... no?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1229: April 07, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
I wasn't trying to be insulting Tom, but as someone else pointed it out, it's not *that* clear. Unrest could mean any of the following: Low region control, low morale, low loyalty or any combination of the three. War could mean battles but it could also mean looting or a takeover in progress. If you intend for it to be explicit about the cause then make it explicit. E.g:

"You can not move your capital because a battle was fought there recently".

You still didn't read it properly. Look, if it means "because of a recent battle", wouldn't it say so? It does mean war or unrest. In this case, I'm pretty sure the daily looting I put in keeps the capital as not peaceful. However, I just realize thanks to this discussion that a realm under pressure should be able to move its capital even under these conditions, but at a penalty. I will add that.