Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 448541 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #210: December 14, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
But that will not tell us anything about how overpowered they are, because that depends extremely strongly on just how good the humans are at banding together and getting their forces in the same place at the same time.

Huh? How so?

The daimon and monster invader units of the last invasion were *immensely* overpowered. It would not have taken much in the way of testing to determine this. I have always assumed that they were this way because they were meant to be overpowering. If you're trying to argue that they were *not* overpowered then, well, I'm sorry but I do not agree. The above scenario suggests that you were trying to balance them with the expectation that a certain (smaller) number of invaders should be able to go toe to toe with a certain (larger) number of humans. This was a poor approach to balancing the invaders of the Fourth Invasion however because of their number.

Not only were they overpowered, they were numberless, which in the end was the real problem. With the monsters you could sometimes beat an army of them. Same with the undead. Not so much with the daimons from what I understand). However it didn't really do any good; in fact it was usually pointless. The commanders would simply recruit thousands and thousands more of them overnight. I've heard it said that the invaders had limited resources, but you'll pardon me if I scoff at this notion. All evidence suggests that they were not even remotely constrained by these 'limits', so they weren't very well adjusted, were they? When the daimons could raise literally hundreds of thousands of CS (more than all the realms of BT put together) by themselves, let alone in conjunction with the other invaders, there might as well have been no limits at all.