Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 448577 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #210: December 14, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »
I do think Chenier has a point about the downsides of character mortality. Unless you have multiple characters on the continent or have spent years establishing your family as a integral part of your realm, losing a character and having to emigrate a new one essentially means having to start completely from scratch. While older Beluaterra players may not mind this, to those of us like myself who have just established a character here on what seems to be a pretty awesome and interesting continent the prospect is significantly less enchanting.

Sure losing a character in an epic battle to the death against daimonic hordes may be a fun way to experience your first Beluaterra invasion, but unless said character is a very longstanding and well known realm member they're death is likely to go relatively unnoticed so there is little incentive to go back and claw your way up the social ladder again knowing your past experience of the continent counts for naught in the long term.

And in any case if you *want* your character to have an epic death in battle, that's what the bloody hero class is for. It's not like players can't choose to be mortal if they want to be. In my opinion they should continue to be allowed to make the choice for themselves rather than have it forced on them.