Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 448131 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #225: December 15, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
Sounds like adventurer stuff. But probably only one or two adventurers will ever stumble upon a single lead at any one time (That's how things go in the world). And no one adventurer can be the sole "hero".

Hm, I'm right, right? In this game, the reason Invasions are going to work not as well as planned (or at least differently than the ideal way to resolve the plot) is because we have a bunch of egos who think they can be the big hero.

Actually, no you are not right.

There is no specific class required or at an advantage, and I've taken into account that in general those with the largest egos are the ones who become rulers, etc.

This is due to a lot of popular media that shows a single heroic dude as the protagonist. Much less frequently do we see truly equal portrayals of groups of people from different lands and even different times each making a tiny contribution, so small that individually they are forgotten, but which make up a powerful sum.

That's true, but very recent. WW2 was an example of the different kind, the general propaganda message was not "you can be a hero", but "do your share".

What does that mean for the end of 5th? I think we'll all be left with either a !@#$hole of a continent, or the continent goes down, whichever seems more appropriate. Accompanying all this will be a crapload of morons complaining about bull!@#$ because during the time that they could in fact do even the slightest thing to alter their future, they chose to be dumbasses and do their own !@#$

As in all group efforts, communication is key. Things started out surprisingly well, but the secret-keeping has already begun. And I will ruthlessly explore every little bit of it. :-)

While I was largely absent from the 4th invasion in person, all lessons learnt there will be applied this time around. If mankind wants to survive, it will have to overcome itself. We'll see how that goes.

My prediction: Pain. Lots of pain. Evil always wins.