Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 447516 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #360: January 09, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
Overlord has only mentioned them in roughly every other message. How could anyone not know the term by now?

C'mon Tom, everybody knows Medieval nobles are illiterate.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #361: January 09, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Overlord has only mentioned them in roughly every other message. How could anyone not know the term by now?

Well because not everyone is part of the nobility, or reads the wiki.

As far as my character on BT is concerned, he sees this temple of Daimon Worship, has no clue what the hell a daimon is, and has never seen one.

Basically, there are no such things as daimons in his eyes, and so far there is no evidence for him to think otherwise. The Blight? Looks like some natural weather phenomena. That doesn't mean anything.

Basically, I'm playing severe devil's advocate (lol) and presenting a plausible situation in which a human on BT can go through this entire Invasion without ever knowing what a daimon is, and yet still not be living under a rock (Larry's traveled from as south as Enweil to as far north as Thalmarkin)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #362: January 09, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »
The Blight? Looks like some natural weather phenomena. That doesn't mean anything.

You need to read Beyond the Blight - it has several stories giving a much better description of the Blight and what it looks and feels like and why your character will certainly not confuse it with bad weather if he gets anywhere near it.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: January 10, 2012, 05:38:00 AM »
Sorry, it came on the announce pages just as the run-up to the American Republican Primaries began.

I'm sure I'll become increasingly incoherant as the process continues, I keep forgetting that in the sane parts of the world people don't get 24/7 coverage of gibbering lunacy.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #364: January 10, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
(ahem...off topic, I know)
Actually even here in Austria (not Australia) we have quite a bit of coverage of american primaries. 12 years back I think there was close to zero coverage....that certainly has changed. I think it stems from dread of what /might/ happen.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #365: January 10, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
Sorry, it came on the announce pages just as the run-up to the American Republican Primaries began.

I'm sure I'll become increasingly incoherant as the process continues, I keep forgetting that in the sane parts of the world people don't get 24/7 coverage of gibbering lunacy.

Turn off the TV?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: January 11, 2012, 12:20:39 AM »
(ahem...off topic, I know)
Actually even here in Austria (not Australia) we have quite a bit of coverage of american primaries. 12 years back I think there was close to zero coverage....that certainly has changed. I think it stems from dread of what /might/ happen.

The American media is obligated to report whatever crazy thing any aspiring politician says, even if they have zero chance of getting elected. Maybe some background will help you guys out: American presidents can serve two terms (You probably already know this, I'm not trying to be patronizing), and they are almost always reelected because Americans love an incumbent. Means less work for us, less change to the status quo. The part most people outside the US don't know is that if you win the primaries (Thus getting your party's nomination), but lose the actual presidential election, the party won't let you run again. Ever, even if you're like 40 and have a whole life of politics ahead of you, your presidential aspirations are over after a loss. So, the only people that run against a sitting president are usually people seeking publicity (Recent examples: Donald Trump, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich) or just the fringe weirdos who'd never snag a candidacy during a normal election (Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, and Ron Paul, though Paul runs in every primary and has never won the Republican candidacy). Mitt Romney is the only serious candidate, and he's a religious pariah, so the rest of the world can basically look forward to four more years of Obama.

You're all free to tune out the rest of this sad dog and pony show, and let's kick some Daimon ass.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Zakilevo

« Reply #367: January 11, 2012, 12:35:18 AM »
It would be interesting to see the US go bankrupted thanks to Senators in Washington.

Back to the invasion, Overlord started with over 130 k CS and now he is down to somewhere around 60 k. Don't know what is going on but he is losing his men fast.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: January 11, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »
Denver Jeffrey banished a lot of his Daimons before getting himself captured.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Zakilevo

« Reply #369: January 11, 2012, 12:47:21 AM »
Do we still have some scrolls left? What is the big difference between book and scroll?

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: January 11, 2012, 12:53:39 AM »
An adventurer can use three books in a ritual that will yield him some scrolls but also strengthening the veil between Netherworld and Beluaterra making it harder for the Daimons to summon reinforcements.

Scrolls can be used by anyone but will be more efficient for those who developes a spellcasting skill.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: January 11, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »
De-Legro, oh, that would be the dream.  Sadly it's part of my "career" or "suicide attempt" (take your pick).  When I catch a taxi and they ask what I do for a living I actually have to request they don't punch me first, sometimes I consider lying and saying I'm an unemployable pedophile just so I can feel a little less dirty.

Back on topic, that's probably why I think Overlord has much less control then he lets on.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #372: January 12, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Huh, either Overlord is trying to make lemonade out of lemons, or we've been duped by 1st Son. Which would be a little irritating actually, since we've been given absolutely no other indication that I am aware of of what we need to be doing to save ourselves...

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: January 12, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »
Back on topic, that's probably why I think Overlord has much less control then he lets on.

It's possible, because how do you really control a race of monsters that's motivated entirely by personal gain?

Huh, either Overlord is trying to make lemonade out of lemons, or we've been duped by 1st Son. Which would be a little irritating actually, since we've been given absolutely no other indication that I am aware of of what we need to be doing to save ourselves...

How about "Don't trust Daimons"?
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: January 12, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
No worries. There's nothing you can do to save yourself! The Light is already gone, we're all doomed ;)

Just kill as many Daimons as you can before you inevitably perish!