Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 448070 times)

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #405: January 17, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »
So why don't we ship off to EC and bring the elves in? Fight fantasy with fantasy!!! I'm kidding of course. I feel like I've missed most of the clues... ;D

Though, maybe Soren stumbled onto something with his insanity after all...

1) If we assume that none of the invasions necessarily have the same monsters/dead/daimons, but variations of them, then there's a clue there as to what's going on, mostly based on what Overlord and his sons know, and their actions/concerns.

2) Executing the leaders brings in stronger Daimons, but aside from the different types of daimons on the field, the only active ones are the Sons and Overlord.

3) We have the reports of humans surviving in the Blight.

4) Most of the land blighting seems to be set up to make us panic, and reduce support for our armies than actually cutting off and killing us at the moment.

5) If we consider some of the background information to this war, then we should assume that the portal stones are our enemies, at the moment, and the books of Banishing are our best bet. That doesn't mean we should ignore the stones either, if they're as powerful as noted.

That's all I'm sharing OOC. Though Soren's been pondering over it long enough, I might share it IC soon.

I'll leave my thoughts on a possible clue here for the moment, so you all can consider it/Tom can laugh at my clueless mind.

***According to Tom, there's usually some connection between the invasions, but not necessarily a continued story. Yet, if we think about what was said by Overlord, there's a reason there are only Daimons here this time, and if we consider their comments on the Light, perhaps there's an interesting tie between the invasions after all.***
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison