Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 450243 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #480: February 07, 2012, 03:47:30 AM »
Up in Sint, I'm having a really hard time trying to see anything happening. We had a couple daimon armies attack our capital, but other than that nothing really seems to be happening. There's really no information sharing at all. I know that Overlord gave Sint an ultimatum, but it was not shared with the realm at all. I've tried to track down some of these information sharing guilds, and I've joined Hemaism. But there's really very little that actually seems to be happening or being shared.

Having lived through the Fourth in two different realms as well as this one, I can say that your experience is not only normal but probably typical for the vast majority of players on BT. The problem, I think, is that sharing information is a *lot* of work. You can never be certain what is significant and what is not, which means you generally have to err on the side of oversharing if you want to be serious about it. And then there is the question of who do you share it with? To be thorough, you should share in as many places as you can. So, your entire realm for starters, then any guilds you might be in, and then (if you're a councilor) with your fellows in other realms. It all adds up to a huge amount of copying and pasting from day to day, and frankly I don't have that much time to put into this lightweight game. My ruler character shares many of the the messages he receives from Overlord with his realm, but even then he filters out the messages that are simply taunts with no information in them that he deems to be relevant.

I share Chenier's feeling that I'm not getting very much information, and what I do have doesn't appear to amount to anything significant. We've put together some of the obvious pieces that are deducible from observable events, but everyone has done that by now. For instance we all know how the Blight spreads (or think we do, though I have yet to see anything to disprove the going theory).