Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 450276 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #495: February 07, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
I'm quite enjoying Overlord, but I'm a bit unhappy with the reactions he's getting from some. I mean, someone mocking him in a childish way for not accepting a duel? As the judge, I would have fined that noble for such a display of non-noble behaviour, and in front of the enemy no less!

It feels kind of sorry that too few people really roleplay their interactions. I mean, here you have 3-4 m tall, winged daemonic creatures - and you act like a five-year old in a kindergarden playground. I'd have expected more heroism, people walking head high into certain death for the glory of their king - stuff like that.

I dunno, that sounds like pretty much how a lot of people play their characters all the time.

This includes some rulers, longtime players, and self-proclaimed gurus of roleplay.

It can be quite depressing and off-putting at times.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan