Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 431096 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #75: December 05, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
You'd be amazed at how wrong they will be ;D

If only the daimons's offers were a bit more interesting than "eternal slavery"... I urge to finally do what my characters have been accused of for all these years.

I'm also afraid of siding with the daimons and ending up realizing that they were telling the truth, and that I inadvertently helped them save Beluaterra from the big bad undead. Saving the continent by trying to destroy it, how much would that suck! ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #76: December 05, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
Power of faith?

...Watch, it'll come to naught.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 05, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »
You'd be amazed at how wrong they will be ;D
Always hopeful yet discontent,
He knows changes aren't permanent.
But change is.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: December 06, 2011, 04:56:31 AM »
Always hopeful yet discontent,
He knows changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

haikus about blight
spreading on Beluaterra
is this the far east?
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #79: December 06, 2011, 04:46:04 PM »
Why all this talk now?
This has been ongoing since
A long time ago.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 07, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
I was already worried. No "the invasion is here!" topic on the forum. And still nobody has made a "5th Invasion" wiki page. Guys, are you getting old?

The only thing I thought when I saw those videos on G+ was 'Damn, it's been too long since I listened to music like this!' Quite enjoyed that introduction to Deathstars :-P

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: December 07, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
So what gives with the undead in the Fifth Invasion? I thought they were the big winners of the Fourth, but the daimons are making it sound like they spanked them out in the blight in between Invasions.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #82: December 07, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
So what gives with the undead in the Fifth Invasion? I thought they were the big winners of the Fourth, but the daimons are making it sound like they spanked them out in the blight in between Invasions.

There was no clear victor I thought. There was just Mr. Joe guy talking about how the Undead managed some big bad uber secret ultimaticoawesomesauceness plan. Maybe. Who knows. Don't care, probably won't matter now.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: December 07, 2011, 07:20:40 PM »
Haven't heard much from the Daimons yet.

And looking at previous Invasions, much can still happen with the Undead!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: December 07, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »

Overlord has stated that the daimons have won the "costly battles" in the blight, I got the impression their main opponent were the undead and they did not like the allies of the undead.
Anyway, he also basically said he's out to destroy mankind, only his sons seem to want to save some of them. All they have to do is join the dominion...

So far the huge battle count stands 3 humans - 3 daimons. I've got a feeling this is going to get much much worse though. :)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: December 07, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
These are just small scouting forces to show the Invasion has started. The real forces come later :P

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: December 07, 2011, 07:51:01 PM »
There was no clear victor I thought. There was just Mr. Joe guy talking about how the Undead managed some big bad uber secret ultimaticoawesomesauceness plan. Maybe. Who knows. Don't care, probably won't matter now.

I direct you to this quote:

Bwuahahaha... merciful. The undead. You've not seen the Beyond trailer yet, have you? Merciful. That made my day. Still laughing from that. Oh, dear creation.

Try: So cunning that even now you don't realize the full extent of their victory.

From this I would have thought to see much more of an undead presence in the Fifth Invasion.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: December 07, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
I expect they're just delayed. :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #88: December 07, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »
Well, there is a consistency issue here because Beyond did not happen. So I have to bring in the storyline from it somehow else, without revealing all of it, in case it does happen, later on. I still want it to happen.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: December 07, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
Well, there is a consistency issue here because Beyond did not happen. So I have to bring in the storyline from it somehow else, without revealing all of it, in case it does happen, later on. I still want it to happen.

Ah, thanks for that clarification. That's been nagging at me. A one-invader invasion (if it remains so) should be quite interesting. No attempting to play one side against the other... Unless of course the Sons decide to take on the Father...