Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fodder

"overlord's underling"
firefox

Tom

Quote from: Thunthorn on March 10, 2012, 10:13:53 AM
These flesheater commanders, they seem to command two units each? How is this handled in the game mechanics? Are there actually two commanders, and if we kill one off will the other survive, or if we kill one will both be dead?

In other words does our characters see one or two commanders when we engage them on the battlefield?

One character commanding two units. It's not the first time, either. Happened in previous invasions, too.

Chenier

Quote from: Zakilevo on March 10, 2012, 03:49:27 AM
Can't judge something based on what might happen. Humans might do something worse than daimons but how many would do that? Humans have more free will than Daimons. Daimons feel like mindless peons of daimons in the upper hierarchy.

Can't and shouldn't are two different things that one should not mistake for each other. ;)

Quote from: Tom on March 10, 2012, 02:27:23 PM
One character commanding two units. It's not the first time, either. Happened in previous invasions, too.

Indeed it did.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

Loving the way the Sons are showing Enweil the true power of religion...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

Quote from: JPierreD on March 12, 2012, 03:44:28 PM
Loving the way the Sons are showing Enweil the true power of religion...

Indeed. And I got there just in time.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

to be installed as the new daimon worshipper lord?
firefox

Marlboro

Quote from: fodder on March 13, 2012, 01:32:50 PM

*Fistbump.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

Quote from: fodder on March 13, 2012, 01:32:50 PM

Uhm, no? To spread my own faith in Enweil as their only alternative to being completely at Daimon Worship's mercy? Cultural imperialism, though friendly in this case.

Iltaran

Skies Darkening   (15 minutes ago)
As you go about your day, you being to notice that the weather is taking a turn for the worse. Clouds begin to fill the sky and even though the weather had been fair for days, the sun is now blocked off. Despite the cover, it is still warm, even warmer than before. No rain. Very strange weather, especially closing in so fast. You wonder what is up.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Please do not panic. The situation is under control. Go about your daily business, and ignore any OHGODITSHERETHEAPOCOLYPSEISUPONUSREPENTREPENTREPENT.

*coughs*

Please do not panic.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

Quote from: Iltaran on March 19, 2012, 11:49:41 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen. Please do not panic. The situation is under control. Go about your daily business, and ignore any OHGODITSHERETHEAPOCOLYPSEISUPONUSREPENTREPENTREPENT.

*coughs*

Please do not panic.

You got that too?

Iltaran

Everyone seems to have.

On reflection, it looks like it was marking the blighting of Fwuvoghor. Which is slightly less dramatic than things first appeared, but still depressing. Honestly I'm halfway tempted to swear an oath to hunt down the Psyche family for causing twenty thousand people to be devoured by Daimons...
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Chenier

Quote from: Iltaran on March 19, 2012, 01:05:36 PM
Everyone seems to have.

On reflection, it looks like it was marking the blighting of Fwuvoghor. Which is slightly less dramatic than things first appeared, but still depressing. Honestly I'm halfway tempted to swear an oath to hunt down the Psyche family for causing twenty thousand people to be devoured by Daimons...

He deleted, though.

And Fwuvoghor's been blighted for a while.

This looks a lot more like something's about to happen. I was thinking something like a rain of fire, with the clouds and warmth and all.

I thought it was in Cjelorg and we'd just get to run away from it. Can't have our army die before it moves back to fight the takeover in Sandlakes!

Iltaran

QuoteHe deleted, though.

Bugger

QuoteAnd Fwuvoghor's been blighted for a while.

Oh... THETIMEOFMANISENDEDOURDOOMISUPONUSALLWILLBURNREPENTREPENT

Anaris

Quote from: Iltaran on March 19, 2012, 01:20:34 PM
Oh... THETIMEOFMANISENDEDOURDOOMISUPONUSALLWILLBURNREPENTREPENT

Relevant song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RtwLGwpJIo

(Doesn't begin till about 0:10, for some reason.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telrunya

QuotePeasants Frightened   (54 minutes ago)
The sudden darkening of the skies has caused the peasants to be frightened. There are rumours of bad omens and worse to come.
Some peasants are hiding in their homes, some are requesting the aid of their lords. Others have begun to accuse each other if witchcraft and sorcery. Rumours have it that some have even turned to Daimon Worship. Most, however, are simply afraid and fear the coming night.

BAD news, with capital letters and all that.