Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437629 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #345: January 07, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
What I find curious is that /no/ adventurer managed to contact sages or wizards to have a scroll of teleportation made. I did suggest it to all riombaran adventurers 2-3 times now. They found books of daimon banishing, a portal stone....but no scrolls. So far.

Oh yeah, darn those lazy adventurers. :P
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: January 07, 2012, 02:51:25 AM »
Oh yeah, darn those lazy adventurers. :P

Hey! We've been working hard too  :)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #347: January 07, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
I found a keg of beer. Now I just need to figure out how to multiply them indefinitely so I can do stuff without ever having the rest or sleep.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: January 07, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »
My experienced adventurer on Beluaterra got himself killed by an undead champion just before the invasion. I did start another in Fronen, but I doubt he'll be of much use in this invasions. These books of Daimon banishing, are they found while gathering or do you need to kill champions/alphas for them?
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: January 07, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
My advy got beat up by one of the Nightfalls, so she got her recs and put a boot up his ass as a noble. Probably more efficient uses for a seasoned adventurer but I didn't want to spend the whole invasion searching for rare and riskies sixteen hours a day and finding maybe, maybe one item of a set. Also, never seen a wizard on BT. Not a one.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #350: January 07, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »
The faction exterminating books are found randomly, and it seems on a separate counter than the normal gathering.

I know this because I paid attention, and even though this was on Dwilight, and it was a Book of Monster Hunting, I am fairly confident that it works for Books of Daimon Banishing on Beluaterra.

I tried on Balanced and Boring, 16 hours. After the standard report on what happened each hour, at the very bottom, it says something like "You also find a .... blah blah blah..." And it is not included in the hours you spend.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: January 08, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
It may be conincidence but a riombaran adventurer did find a book of daimon banishing in Avengmil /right/ after Nightfall of the south was defeated and killed/ressurrected/killedorvanished there.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #352: January 08, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
Man...if only the Dream still gave adventurer characters free books.

* Artemesia wonders if Tom will run a promo campaign for his books by giving out a ton of scrolls and/or books to players' BT characters who preorder or something. Or the MacGuffin of solving the plot. Or the plothole to break out and enter the Fourth Wall.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: January 09, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »
So.... 127,000 CS in Zuhle.

Yup. Now that's an invasion.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: January 09, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »
Wait...Tom has a book that has pre-orders?

Damn American political season ruining my knowledge base.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #355: January 09, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

Uh, what?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: January 09, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

He has a book that you can purchase right now, in fact there is a news post about it when you log in.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #357: January 09, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
* Artemesia wonders if Tom will run a promo campaign for his books by giving out a ton of scrolls and/or books to players' BT characters who preorder or something. Or the MacGuffin of solving the plot. Or the plothole to break out and enter the Fourth Wall.

No. But the book reveals what the Soulforges are...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #358: January 09, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »
Forges...that...have something to do with souls...?

I wonder if we'll get to see appearances from actual faction leaders that appeared in-game. Like Tarchennan and Argent having a battle of fate as the Many face off against the daimons, the elders of the Netherworld intervening, lightning and thunder in the backdrop as the two evil powers collide in a battle of evil versus evil.

Or a scene in which many peasants give up their lives into the warm embracing light as Marta hums a melody that parts the black clouds in the sky, spreading a soft white radiance that becomes a searing bright light to the surrounding daimons waiting to breach the walls.

Ok, those didn't happen in the actual game, but you know what they say...

All fiction is equally true: That is, they are all, by definition, 0% true.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #359: January 09, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
Forges...that...have something to do with souls...?

Overlord has only mentioned them in roughly every other message. How could anyone not know the term by now?