Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433646 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #480: February 02, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »
My browser highlights the words, but generally you need to right click on them to change it...  And it only shows a paste option.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #481: February 02, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »
My browser highlights the words, but generally you need to right click on them to change it...  And it only shows a paste option.

For Chrome hold down "Ctrl" and right click, hey presto. Not sure if this works for firefox.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #482: February 02, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
Which is nice to know, but should we really have to come hunting on the forums to find such information?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #483: February 02, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »
Which is nice to know, but should we really have to come hunting on the forums to find such information?

eh I googled it. The answer to so many of life's little problems.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #484: February 05, 2012, 05:50:34 AM »
Well, it should work. If still not, every help is appreciated. We are using ckeditor - a very common editor. That's not a problem we alone can have.

I haven't tried the ctrl solution yet, I'll see if it works.

However, I have noticed that I can't paste stuff directly in the box, it instead opens a "paste box" in which I must paste things in first. Rather annoying, though minor.

You're just can't be happy, can you?  ;)

I don't mean to be negative, but I've never had such a hard time playing this game. Being blocked by a tonload of bugs + having to read up to understand major new changes takes away from the time that would otherwise be allotted to IG actions and RP.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #485: February 05, 2012, 06:30:38 AM »
ctrl + v works like a charm. But the paste box is annoying no doubt.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #486: February 05, 2012, 10:37:09 AM »
I don't mean to be negative, but I've never had such a hard time playing this game. Being blocked by a tonload of bugs + having to read up to understand major new changes takes away from the time that would otherwise be allotted to IG actions and RP.

Whining on the forum doesn't exactly add to the time available, you know? ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #487: February 05, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
Whining on the forum doesn't exactly add to the time available, you know? ;)

I know, but I haven't spent much time on the forums lately.

It also takes a lot less motivation than to try to do stuff in a continent that has seen significantly higher activity levels in its days, unfortunately.

Is there anyone here who are at their first invasion?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #488: February 06, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
Is there anyone here who are at their first invasion?

If you mean to ask if this is the first invasion for one of my characters then yes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #489: February 07, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »
If you mean to ask if this is the first invasion for one of my characters then yes.

What's your take on the invasion?

The third invasion was much more magical to me than this invasion, but I strongly suspect that's mostly just because it was my first.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490: February 07, 2012, 03:22:12 AM »
Up in Sint, I'm having a really hard time trying to see anything happening. We had a couple daimon armies attack our capital, but other than that nothing really seems to be happening. There's really no information sharing at all. I know that Overlord gave Sint an ultimatum, but it was not shared with the realm at all. I've tried to track down some of these information sharing guilds, and I've joined Hemaism. But there's really very little that actually seems to be happening or being shared.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #491: February 07, 2012, 03:26:52 AM »
Up in Sint, I'm having a really hard time trying to see anything happening. We had a couple daimon armies attack our capital, but other than that nothing really seems to be happening. There's really no information sharing at all. I know that Overlord gave Sint an ultimatum, but it was not shared with the realm at all. I've tried to track down some of these information sharing guilds, and I've joined Hemaism. But there's really very little that actually seems to be happening or being shared.

I share everything I get with my realm (except for the letters I send, mostly out of laziness), but there's very little realm-wide chatter and I don't feel like I'm getting all that much information either. I have a few private conversations that I don't share, but very, very few are not shared in Fheuv'n.

I'm not sure there is such a guild this invasion... And reaching one in the North from the South, and vice versa, would prove a rather difficult task.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #492: February 07, 2012, 03:47:30 AM »

Having lived through the Fourth in two different realms as well as this one, I can say that your experience is not only normal but probably typical for the vast majority of players on BT. The problem, I think, is that sharing information is a *lot* of work. You can never be certain what is significant and what is not, which means you generally have to err on the side of oversharing if you want to be serious about it. And then there is the question of who do you share it with? To be thorough, you should share in as many places as you can. So, your entire realm for starters, then any guilds you might be in, and then (if you're a councilor) with your fellows in other realms. It all adds up to a huge amount of copying and pasting from day to day, and frankly I don't have that much time to put into this lightweight game. My ruler character shares many of the the messages he receives from Overlord with his realm, but even then he filters out the messages that are simply taunts with no information in them that he deems to be relevant.

I share Chenier's feeling that I'm not getting very much information, and what I do have doesn't appear to amount to anything significant. We've put together some of the obvious pieces that are deducible from observable events, but everyone has done that by now. For instance we all know how the Blight spreads (or think we do, though I have yet to see anything to disprove the going theory).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #493: February 07, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
I share Chenier's feeling that I'm not getting very much information, and what I do have doesn't appear to amount to anything significant. We've put together some of the obvious pieces that are deducible from observable events, but everyone has done that by now. For instance we all know how the Blight spreads (or think we do, though I have yet to see anything to disprove the going theory).

If it's something more than daimon TOs, then you know something more than I do.

And indeed, a lot of the stuff I get and share doesn't feel that important.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #494: February 07, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »
What my character has gotten has been shared but its mostly mundane stuff like battle reports. As a Judge I'm spared directly receiving the taunts and mocking of Overlord. Though they are somewhat funny to read at times. I got a couple of letters from 3rd son back in the beginning of the invasion but haven't spotted any Daimon priests in the same region as me since then.