Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437557 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #540: February 10, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
Piggy. No offense, but here's my reasoning. Guillame wants to absorb Enweil and create an empire.

The Lord of the Flies is another name for Beelzebub one of the 7 Princes of Hell in the Christian Mythos. He represents the sin of Gluttony, and until the fat kid - the glutton - was killed, they were haunted by the influence of a Prince of Hell.

... I had way too much free time at work last summer...

While an interesting analysis, it isn't very accurate. Piggy represents the inherent mysticism of Man and how it has a place in even the most primitive cultures.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: February 10, 2012, 06:07:25 PM »
While an interesting analysis, it isn't very accurate. Piggy represents the inherent mysticism of Man and how it has a place in even the most primitive cultures.

No, no, that is Simon.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: February 11, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
If anything, I did get a newfound appreciation for the modifying equipment option. I never really seen it used, and I don't know how much the repairs would cost, but perhaps it's worth using it more then it's currently.

I also feel for Sint's Judge. How much Honour and Prestige have all those executions cost by now!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:40:14 PM by Telrunya »

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #543: February 11, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
No, no, that is Simon.

Oh, balls, you're right. Piggy was the one who was nothing more than the sunglasses wasn't he? Whoops.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: February 11, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
Oh, balls, you're right. Piggy was the one who was nothing more than the sunglasses wasn't he? Whoops.

Piggy was the cold rationality of civilization; humans as statistics, atrocities rationalized. Jack was the feral, reptilian part of our brains that equates might with right.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: February 12, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
I guess Riombara wants to test see either if Fheuv'n would act on its words, or if the daimons would block us or not. I'm eager to see the answer to that question myself.

Report from Guillaume Chénier
Message sent to the human rulers of Beluaterra (6 recipients)
High Chancellor Hvrek,

How DARE you send your scumbag priests into Fheuv'n lands!?! You have been warned this would NOT be tolerated.

Fellow rulers, here are the facts:

1) Long ago, Allurite and Daishi priests of Riombara came to Enweil and Fheuv'n lands uninvited. They stirred unrest, instigated riots, and claimed religions in the name of Riombara for their war efforts.
2) Due to these criminal acts, these faiths were banned from our realms.
3) Even when the invasion begun, Riombara continued their criminal activities in our realms against our will.
4) Despite the threat of daimon worship, these faiths were instructed to consider our governments and faith evil. As such, when we try to convert the followers of Daimon Worship, it is Allurite and Daishi followers that attack us when we preach, not daimon worshippers.
5) Day after day, Allurite and Daishi followers protest against their lords.
6) These criminal actions that undermine the efforts of humanity against the daimons were ordered in the middle of the invasion.
7) The ruler of Riombara is the one responsible for the greatest population of trouble-causers.
8) The ruler Riombara explicitly ordered his followers to aid the daimons in sabotaging our realms.

As such, our patience with this insidious hidden Riombaran war against us has run out. Fheuv'n will take retaliatory actions against Riombara. Retaliation will continue until Riombara's ruler orders his followers to stop their aggression against our government and for his priests to forever remain out of Fheuv'n and Enweilian regions, including those lost to the daimons, without explicit invitation from the claiming realm.

Your forked tongue may work on the feeble-minded northerners, Hvrek, but they will not save your unscrupulous and criminal realm now. Justice will be done.

Guillaume Chénier
Hetman of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na, Duke of Iato, Senator of Iato, Ambassador of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: February 12, 2012, 07:09:28 PM »
So, Piggy.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: February 12, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
I guess Riombara wants to test see either if Fheuv'n would act on its words, or if the daimons would block us or not. I'm eager to see the answer to that question myself.

Dude, it's a pretty moot point at the moment, isn't it? You and Rio can threaten each other all you want, but you're both daimon food at the moment. I guess if there's still an un-blighted passage between your realms when Overlord's done with Enweil and he decides to go straight to Nothoi and live you children alone you might be able to slap each other around a little before the end of days, but it seems a bit petty, doesn't it?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: February 12, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
Hey, maybe we can appease Overlord and get him to agree to enjoy a show of us weak pathetic humans fighting against each other. Then he can mop up the North in the meantime and kill off the survivor of the Southern War afterwards.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: February 13, 2012, 02:03:26 AM »
Two Words:  Bring It

Nothoi, OG, and Sint seem to make a decent alliance.  IVF should be more worried about what Sint and Nothoi will do to it after this is all done then what the daimons will do.  After all, once we get Overlord's Armour we can try to harness our own soul forges and create monsterous armies of our own.

Or conquer Dyomoque then fall to internal bickering.  You know, either one's good.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: February 13, 2012, 05:49:25 AM »
There are two options:

1) The Daimons blight the road between IVF and Rio. Then the threats are moot.
2) The Daimons don't. Then Rio lunches IVF and the threats are moot.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: February 13, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
"Monsters don't know what to do and stay out of the battle."

lol.. rio vs daimons.... with neutral monsters... heh
firefox

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: February 13, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
I wonder if I set a record... A new Priest of Daimon Worship arrived in Melhed about 30 minutes ago. He's already under arrest and in prison. :P
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: February 13, 2012, 11:29:54 PM »
It was interesting that you was able to arrest him even though reports stated that he got injured by a lynchmob...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: February 14, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »
Two Words:  Bring It

Nothoi, OG, and Sint seem to make a decent alliance.  IVF should be more worried about what Sint and Nothoi will do to it after this is all done then what the daimons will do.  After all, once we get Overlord's Armour we can try to harness our own soul forges and create monsterous armies of our own.

Or conquer Dyomoque then fall to internal bickering.  You know, either one's good.

Enweil is !@#$ed. Without Enweil, Fheuv'n is 100% guaranteed to be !@#$ed if people survive the invasion. Riombara is becoming more and more a greater threat than the Daimons are.

Also, damn I hate the monster spawns. We've been fighting rogues since we've been founded. Daimons passed through once or twice, but it's the damn monsters and undead that kept us busy all this time. We'd have been in Fengen way more often if we weren't always fighting off hordes and too far away to be able to arrive in time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron