Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437848 times)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #600: February 15, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »
The book doesn't provide that sort of info. This has been said numerous times.

May not give clues on how to end the invasion or anything, but for what I have seen in the comments, it helps to understand the blight.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601: February 15, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
If this invasion has a theme it is despair. Overlord seems to enjoy telling us all its hopeless and mocking humanity. Its reinforced by how Overlord sets up who he attacks next. Its a bizarre strategy picking the next realm to attack based on who responds last or injuries a Daimon troopleader. I believe its to reinforce that Overlord doesn't consider us a threat to his plans.

That's not too far away from what we are theorizing in Rio, though we are aiming more at "fear". Still need to find a way to counter that, though.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #602: February 15, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »
... I never noticed a Soulforge Shield before.

You're starting to pick up on the subtle hints. :-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #603: February 15, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
I agree with some that the invasions make things fun and give a little change in things, but  there is not much we can do to act against it, just fight, kill the daimons, execute the priests and sons.

If that's not enough, then we need to know what will help.

The problem is that while I'm trying to make sure you're not frustrated OOC, I am at the same time running a disinformation campaign IC.

OOC, all I am really willing to say is that all information you need is in players' hands already. Your main weakness is that people don't share much. And I don't mean that as in copy&paste everything to everyone, but really major events. Sint priests is a great example - that was an entirely new vector, and they didn't tell anyone about it for days.

Zakilevo

« Reply #604: February 15, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Every time we kill one of the sons, Overlord gains an item?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #605: February 15, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
Doubtful. Also seems to be pointless, as every time we do another one pops up. I'm not saying that we shouldn't take every opportunity, but there does not appear to be a limit on them, at least not yet. Plus they're doing stupid risky things. Like going infiltrator and trying to stab Fronen's Judge. And getting caught. I doubt they'd do that if there was a limit on their numbers.

Zakilevo

« Reply #606: February 15, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
I knew those blasted priests were infiltrators. When I accused 3rd son about it he was like why would we do that. Yeah right...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #607: February 15, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
The problem is that while I'm trying to make sure you're not frustrated OOC, I am at the same time running a disinformation campaign IC.

OOC, all I am really willing to say is that all information you need is in players' hands already. Your main weakness is that people don't share much. And I don't mean that as in copy&paste everything to everyone, but really major events. Sint priests is a great example - that was an entirely new vector, and they didn't tell anyone about it for days.

That being the case, I'd suggest that you continue to drop information if you're not already doing that. We're apparently a little slow.

I'll be honest with you, I've already given up on the idea of puzzling out the truth myself, but I do rather hope that *someone* does.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #608: February 15, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
I knew those blasted priests were infiltrators. When I accused 3rd son about it he was like why would we do that. Yeah right...

Well... actually.. he wasn't. That was a nice bit of misdirection by a human/player infiltrator. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #609: February 15, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
the blight is about to swallow the city. I wonder what happens when the blight covers the city with people inside.

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #610: February 15, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Maybe there is a limit, they all just have different tactics, kind of like the Nightfalls etc...

1, 2, and 3 were priests. Maybe 4, 5, and 6 are infiltrators. That might mean that 7, 8, and 9 are heroes or something. If we execute too many sons we could be overwhelmed with Daimon armies if we don't get rid of the Nightfalls...
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #611: February 15, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
1, 2, and 3 were priests. Maybe 4, 5, and 6 are infiltrators. That might mean that 7, 8, and 9 are heroes or something.

Beware of the Courtier/Trader Daimon!!!!!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #612: February 15, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
Looking back at the wiki... 3/4 Nightfalls were killed and became Midnights. 1/3 Midnights have been killed and become a Darkest Hour. There's probably a limit to both, Daimons and Sons, and then we have to capture a powerful Overlord and kill him.

There are also the Books of Daemon Banishing that I haven't heard about since we were fighting for Vilriil. I only know that 2 or 3 were completed and they weaken the ability for Daimons to come through to our world.

Then there's the need to share info so we can capture and execute these Daimons.

The priests are probably going to weaken our control and ability to resist the Blight if they aren't captured swiftly. Any other ideas?
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #613: February 15, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
I have strong doubts as to whether there is any limit on the number of characters the GM family can and will create to replace fallen leaders. That brute force solution to the problem seems entirely too crude and simple to be the ultimate answer. I also know that 5th Son was a priest for at least a while because we tried arresting him.

My only idea was to somehow use portal stones to reverse what was done in Vilriil, only I have absolutely no idea how that would work. I should mention that possibility again though IC. My thought was to try using them in one of the cities that hosted a Temple of Light previously. That might be a tall order though to convince the realms involved to try it since they are the capital cities of their respective realms...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #614: February 15, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »
the blight is about to swallow the city. I wonder what happens when the blight covers the city with people inside.

They get a message they can't do anything and to get out asap. All you can do is travel really. No actions and orders are available.

Well, perhaps Overlord got his new shiny Shield from torturing enough Nobles :P