Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437554 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #690: February 22, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »
Some sort of Invasion like event on EC would be invigoriating in my opinion...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691: February 22, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
My character in Fissoa has been made aware of the letter from Overlord, my character in Sint has heard nothing of it... Something seems very wrong there...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #692: February 22, 2012, 11:46:55 PM »
Heh, because half of Atamara wouldn't be at all pleased seeing CE struggle and fall before the Daimons before moving in to help them :P

Overlord picks off the bickering rogue nations before he goes after the power blocs because he's smart, so it'd probably be the opposite way around on AT.

Though I admit I'd like to see some really grudging RPs as former Darkans and Carelians struggle to defend Calis from the horde.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #693: February 22, 2012, 11:54:31 PM »
Overlord picks off the bickering rogue nations before he goes after the power blocs because he's smart, so it'd probably be the opposite way around on AT.

Though I admit I'd like to see some really grudging RPs as former Darkans and Carelians struggle to defend Calis from the horde.

Either way the result is the same. The CE block fighting alone against Overlord :) Just in one case the other realms are still around to enjoy the spectacle.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #694: February 23, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Overlord does like to put up a show, after all. He's considerate like that.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #695: February 23, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »
Yeah, but probably swollen with people from enemy realms who hate them, thus causing the afterparty to look an awful lot like the Red Wedding.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #696: February 23, 2012, 12:32:44 AM »
Overlord does like to put up a show, after all. He's considerate like that.

Yeah I think really Overlord wanted to be an actor, but the netherworld doesn't have theatres. The pain of not being able to live out his dramatic dreams has resulted in his callous aggressiveness. So really to stop the invasion you guys need to build some sort of impressive theatre and give Overlord the lead role in a series of plays.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #697: February 23, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »
Maybe you all should take that discussion IC and have your characters go "FUUUUUCK! We need to send whatever support we can to BT right NOW. And we need to kick those people in their lazy behinds and tell them to win this thing and not come whining over here when they get beaten. Announce the ports closed to any BT refugees, these guys need to fight and win, not run away. In fact, send a note to the judge to deport any and all prisoners to BT."

lol

My character's response (it hasn't been shared with Riombara yet, but he heard about it through other channels) was:

"Well, sounds like it's about time to board ship and leave! Bet I can stay ahead of the daimons!"

Realistically, I doubt I'm the only player who gets a thrill out of watching the blight spread, and watching ancient power blocs be hammered into tiny bits.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698: February 23, 2012, 03:48:31 AM »
My character in Fissoa has been made aware of the letter from Overlord, my character in Sint has heard nothing of it... Something seems very wrong there...

Same thing with my character in Pian en Luries knowing before the one in Riombara. Needless to say, my Riombaran character is very angry at her ruler.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #699: February 23, 2012, 04:51:58 AM »
Same thing with my character in Pian en Luries knowing before the one in Riombara. Needless to say, my Riombaran character is very angry at her ruler.

A pity you aren't in Fheuv'n. You'd have known as soon as Overlord sent it.

Funny how these democratish realms of "high values" like to keep their nobles in the dark about key events and messages?

I get the impression that the rulers who share the most info are those who have the least, where as the rulers with the most info keep it all to themselves.

Personally, I've accepted this invasion as a defeat since day one. I don't feel like there's the slightest thing I can do about the daimons, since they took our old capital as soon as we took a new city and our economy is crap, so I have my fun by lecturing the others about how its all their fault this is all happening.

And comment funny stuff how like Soren accused Guillaume of being a traitor a week ago for offering to give a new home to Enweilians, while he is now planning to join Daimon Worship and mocking how I'd make a fuss about it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #700: February 23, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
Hvrek doesn't share squat with Riombara, but that's what we get for electing him in the first place. He was one of those guys who always ran for everything but never campaigned. After Jethro resigned no one stepped forward so Hvrek was elected by default.

Tlerunya announced he's going to run this time around though, so I predict that you will not be seeing Hvrek around for much longer.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #701: February 23, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
Not true. There two guys.  8)

The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:

44 votes for Hvrek
    24 votes for Jos
    0 abstentions
    88 votes were not cast
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Zakilevo

« Reply #702: February 23, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »
clearly shows nobles of Riombara are fine with their ruler not sharing messages.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #703: February 23, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
Don't think he'll survive next elections :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #704: February 23, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
Not true. There two guys.  8)

The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:

44 votes for Hvrek
    24 votes for Jos
    0 abstentions
    88 votes were not cast

Yeah but Jos doesn't have a tongue and is illiterate (if I remember right?)... that makes the campaigning part of elections pretty difficult. ;)