Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437584 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #735: February 26, 2012, 05:21:18 AM »
I wouldn't go that far, I'm sure Overlord has more tricks up his sleeve. But there isn't much more we can do besides defeating the armies and killing the priests.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #736: February 26, 2012, 05:49:25 AM »
You're all taking this very lightly, given that BT now has 102 regions blighted, i.e. more than half of the island is already lost.

Didn't we start off the invasion that way?

Personally, my dude's been claiming we were all doomed since even before the invasion began. That's why, as a guy convinced he has nothing to lose anyways, he just decided he was fet up with it all and declared war on Rio before they could sneak a trojan horse on us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #737: February 26, 2012, 05:54:12 AM »
Since I know many rulers don't share hoot, here's the scoop for any who cares:

Letter from Guillaume Chénier   (9 minutes ago)
Message sent to the human rulers of Beluaterra (8 recipients)
I have gathered enough proof. Enough with the games.

Riombara is marching an army against Fheuv'n. If you enter our lands, we will fight you.

We will not, for now, chase you into your own lands. Despite the declaration of war, I still have better things to do. But if truly Riombara wants nothing else than to satisfy it's petty agenda to crush all Enweili, then at least it'll be out in the open. You insiduously attacked Enweil after lowering relations with them yourself, passed a well-planned attack as an "accident". You are not going to do the same in Fheuv'n.

Riombara is a greater threat to humanity than the daimons ever were. Stay in your lands and out of where you don't belong. Your hidden war against Fheuv'n has reached its final straw.

Guillaume Chénier
Hetman of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na, Duke of Iato, Senator of Iato, Ambassador of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na

Basically, it's a declaration of war but we won't move to attack. If battle occurs, you know who made it happen. I'm just making sure they don't sneak into Fheuvenem without us being able to use our walls.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #738: February 26, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
So far I'm thinking the theme may be fear. Overlord has been trying to psyche out the realms he attacks all the time, and using those spells to cause fear in the peasantry as well.

And if parallels are to made with games, I'd say BT is Skyrim. Overlord is the dragonlike world eater. He gains power from the souls of the dead. (Sovngarde)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #739: February 26, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
Didn't we start off the invasion that way?

No, 8 regions have been blighted since the invasion began.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #740: February 26, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
No, 8 regions have been blighted since the invasion began.

A 7.8% increase.

Key regions, mind you, but mostly in the South where the blight was already all around.
So far I'm thinking the theme may be fear. Overlord has been trying to psyche out the realms he attacks all the time, and using those spells to cause fear in the peasantry as well.

And if parallels are to made with games, I'd say BT is Skyrim. Overlord is the dragonlike world eater. He gains power from the souls of the dead. (Sovngarde)

Fear is what we figure his objective is. Daimons come rampaging in Fheuv'n every now and then, looting a bit and moving on. Feels more like bullying than an attempt to kill.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #741: February 26, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
A 7.8% increase.

But a tipping point. It was less than half when the invasion started. It is more than half now.

And I'm not done yet. :-)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #742: February 26, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
But a tipping point. It was less than half when the invasion started. It is more than half now.

Indeed.

We should run wagers on how long 'till it's all gone. :P

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743: February 27, 2012, 04:23:13 AM »

That is my character's theory, but we still have to discover a way to counter that. She presented a plan for the Riombaran Military Council to test, but we will see if it does help. I kinda doubt it.

We are also chasing the artifacts to enter and leave he blight that the human priests of Daimon Worship carry, and trying to see if we can use them as well, but it has been suggested they could only be used by Daimon worshipers. If that proves true, we will probably be divided between those willing to make such sacrifice (which to me is the same as surrendering, for though joining a religion for us is just a click away, for a character it should imply he would have to actually worship them), and those refusing it and looking for other alternatives.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Yorkie

• Peasant
  • The Force is my guide, it helps me find pizza.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744: February 27, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »

Not exactly like we can do a whole lot about it.

I mean honestly. No one has said anything about removing the blight [that I know of anyways], so pretty much the only way to deal with the blight is to prevent it from happening. Generically that can only happen when you completely defeat an army. So far as far as I can tell the only group that's managed to do so is the Northern Alliance, hence the lack of progress in blighting the northern lands.

Kind of a weighted average. I don't know much about the southern states, but if the north was any indication, they probably weren't in the best of condition at the beginning of the latest invasion anyways. The North was gang...ing up on Fronen, but for the most part those differences were relatively easy to get past so we could kill stuff that was bigger than us. I don't think the south really had that luxury of not being backstabbed by eachother.

On a separate note, I'm pretty sure just stepping on the field gains my cavalier honor. It's almost amusing. Doesn't really matter if he was actually involved in the fighting [one battle he was stuck on the wrong side of a wall and didn't see any combat]. I have this mental image of a guy standing with his arms akimbo in full plate armor with a flag waving in the background with a pair of bards humming "da da daaaaaaah"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #745: February 27, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
Not exactly like we can do a whole lot about it.

Wrong. Fortunately for you, or all would be lost. It's not really looking well, at this time I'd say the chances are 50/50 that BT is going down in flames.

But of course Overlord isn't telling you when you give him a setback. He'd be stupid to admit any weaknesses, and since there is little follow-up on anything, most people never realize.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #746: February 27, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »
Strangely enough the North probably benefitted from being more unified and from being more divided than the South. Nothoi, Old Grehk, Sint and Thalmarkin were already fighting together, everyone basically considers Soren a good guy and that just left Fronen, who were understandably keen to get inside the tent. So obviously there was the structure for an alliance. But at the same time, if anyone broke the united front, they were going to have five very angry neighbours. By contrast in the south there's two sides that will inevitably clash.

Anyway, as I see it, we "just" need to hold out up north for long enough to work out how to go on the offensive. Has anyone actually managed to get their hands on an artifact yet?
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #747: February 27, 2012, 01:59:51 PM »
On a separate note, I'm pretty sure just stepping on the field gains my cavalier honor. It's almost amusing. Doesn't really matter if he was actually involved in the fighting [one battle he was stuck on the wrong side of a wall and didn't see any combat]. I have this mental image of a guy standing with his arms akimbo in full plate armor with a flag waving in the background with a pair of bards humming "da da daaaaaaah"

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Cavaliers gain 1 honor every battle, minimum. Hence why they usually have tonloads of it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748: February 27, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
I mean honestly. No one has said anything about removing the blight [that I know of anyways]
There have been messages passed about ways to travel through the blight. So far as I know, no one has actually managed to accomplish it yet, though. Given what you supposedly have to do to accomplish it, I don't see it being any kind of overly useful thing.

Has anyone actually managed to get their hands on an artifact yet?
What kind of artifact is that?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #749: February 27, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
One of the human priests of daimon worship told a judge that you can traverse the blight if you undergo a ritual performed by a priest of daimon worship and carry an artifact imbued with daimonic power. The assumption has been that this is some type of unique item that can theoretically be taken off of one of these priests by a judge.