Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433633 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #915: March 09, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
No, daimons are good.

Daimons destroy, and destruction is good. Thus, daimons are good. How else can we sink Beluaterra?
eh... we string up any vellos as a sacrifice?
firefox

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #916: March 09, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
No, daimons are good.

Daimons destroy, and destruction is good. Thus, daimons are good. How else can we sink Beluaterra?

Hmm, tell that to Hireshmont Vellos :P
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #917: March 09, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »

Let's sink Dwilight!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #918: March 09, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »

hahaha.

My characters are all different. Hireshmont was, ultimately, truly a believer in humanity and human potential, and ultimately had a moral sensibility rather like most normal humans. He was just a very capable person pushed into unfortunate positions, and determined to salvage them by any means.

Cyrilos.... is completely different. He hates the daimons passionately. And believes that their ultimate victory over Beluaterra is necessary to their ultimate defeat by the Holy Army of the Warrior Saints (May the Seventeen Blessings of Saint Issik Be Upon Them!).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #919: March 09, 2012, 10:20:22 PM »
I still have quite a distance, though. The total population (statistics graph, population, stacked) is just over a million, having fallen from almost 1.1 mio. I did the math on how quickly I am currently killing people. It's still a lot until total genocide. But I'll get there.

RP-wise 90% of the population dies when the Blight covers the land, right? Not counting those killed to conquer the land, and those killed by the new conditions met inside the Blight.

That affirmation is based on what? OOC knowledge? The names sounding better? The characters being only somewhat a tad less haughty?

I assume the Daimons have not taken any of your regions, and your character has not heard anything about what happens inside the Blight, right?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #920: March 09, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »
Don't feed the troll.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #921: March 09, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
I assume the Daimons have not taken any of your regions, and your character has not heard anything about what happens inside the Blight, right?

Of course he has. Never claimed they weren't evil.

What they did, they did because they had the power to. Would you tell me that nobody else would have done this had *they* had the power to?

I tend to judge people on what they are, instead of what they did. And I'm convinced there's a good number of BT humans of influence who would have caused just as much destruction and death had they been given the chance.

The question was never "are the daimons evil?", but rather "are the daimons more evil than everyone else?".

My character used to believe the former, now he doesn't know for sure, but is convinced that at least they are more honorable than the others. That being said, he has a pretty bleak view on the world, and loathes pretty much everything that he doesn't command or hold sway in.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922: March 10, 2012, 12:28:24 AM »
Of course he has. Never claimed they weren't evil.

Nor I implied you did not consider them evil. The argument is whether they are *more* evil than The Light or not. So, do you (and would your character) agree they are far worse?

What they did, they did because they had the power to. Would you tell me that nobody else would have done this had *they* had the power to?

Dunno, would humans decide to commit genocide, blight the land, and torture and kill all the remaining humans after?

I tend to judge people on what they are, instead of what they did. And I'm convinced there's a good number of BT humans of influence who would have caused just as much destruction and death had they been given the chance.

So The Light and humanity are worse than Daimons because some hypothetical humans might do worse than Daimons were they given power?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zakilevo

« Reply #923: March 10, 2012, 03:49:27 AM »
Can't judge something based on what might happen. Humans might do something worse than daimons but how many would do that? Humans have more free will than Daimons. Daimons feel like mindless peons of daimons in the upper hierarchy.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #924: March 10, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
I'd like to congratulate the discussion on having completed three entire circles. I do think that is quite enough.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #925: March 10, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
So what were the circles/cycles ?(I havent read the entire thread) and i assume you are sarcastic when you say that Tom.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #926: March 10, 2012, 10:13:53 AM »
These flesheater commanders, they seem to command two units each? How is this handled in the game mechanics? Are there actually two commanders, and if we kill one off will the other survive, or if we kill one will both be dead?

In other words does our characters see one or two commanders when we engage them on the battlefield?
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #927: March 10, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »
And now we have two Overlords, too.  :o
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #928: March 10, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
I figured it was them just commanding two units.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #929: March 10, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
Thats my working theory as well, but it never hurts to make sure. ;)
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)