Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433656 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1125: April 03, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
I mean as a player, not my character

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126: April 03, 2012, 05:52:38 AM »
that actually sounds like an amazing idea.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127: April 03, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
Damn... That was just... SMACK

Those Horrors are nasty...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128: April 03, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
Amazing! They went straight for Firebalt and roled us over. Militia and fortifications were useless.
Just when everyoe kept saying we were wining.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129: April 03, 2012, 08:23:04 AM »
Amazing! They went straight for Firebalt and roled us over. Militia and fortifications were useless.

Thalmarkin's turned Unger into a meatgrinder. Way I figure, as long as at least one realm is able to beat them back they can then send help and tip the scales elsewhere. That is assuming the baddies don't show up the next day with even bigger badguys, but it seems like they recruit in waves so as long as there are other commanders on the field with yesterday's monsters I don't think they'll pop right back out.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1130: April 03, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »

What an amazing morning, indeed. Four realms decapacitated in one swift blow. Until they hit Firbalt I couldn't believe nobody had spotted them. Everyone was like "hey Sint, we need your help". :-)

I'd like to know how many people read the four "huge battle reported - attacker victory" messages and went "omg! omg! we're !@#$ed!".

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131: April 03, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
What an amazing morning, indeed. Four realms decapacitated in one swift blow. Until they hit Firbalt I couldn't believe nobody had spotted them. Everyone was like "hey Sint, we need your help". :-)

I'd like to know how many people read the four "huge battle reported - attacker victory" messages and went "omg! omg! we're !@#$ed!".

Pretty much everyone. I knew about Vur Hagin, Reeds and Unger, but Firbalt was a suprise (and I was hoping against hope Lorgan could pull off a miracle). You messed up my counter-attack plan as well.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132: April 03, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
Pretty much everyone. I knew about Vur Hagin, Reeds and Unger, but Firbalt was a suprise (and I was hoping against hope Lorgan could pull off a miracle). You messed up my counter-attack plan as well.

Hey, we spent like 5k gold, increased our CS from 15k to 25k and killed /half/ of them, there's only so much we can do... :P

Oh, and I finally got to surprise-raise the walls to level 5! Not sure if it mattered much though :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:14:31 AM by Lorgan »

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133: April 03, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
The battle has heavily damaged the fortifications, and reduced them to Stronghold (4)

So I guess it did matter... At least it's not level 3 now...

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134: April 03, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »
Not being able to recruit after a defeat in your capital is troublesome.  It's time to " abandon ship".

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135: April 03, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »
It's days like these I miss the old statistics... In a week it will not be half as interesting to see the spectacular fall of humanity's military power.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136: April 03, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
Hey, we spent like 5k gold, increased our CS from 15k to 25k and killed /half/ of them, there's only so much we can do... :P

Oh, and I finally got to surprise-raise the walls to level 5! Not sure if it mattered much though :P

Yeah, yeah, just hurry up or I'll have to come rescue you ;)
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137: April 03, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

I've always been saying we were losing!

Mind you, I thought we were losing a little less than that. ;)

Or maybe a little more? Can't let the North be too strong, now! :D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138: April 03, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
So I guess it did matter... At least it's not level 3 now...

I'm sad I can't say the same here...when your duke let the wall to remain in lvl 3...you can only sit down and pray to OG
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139: April 03, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »
I'm sad I can't say the same here...when your duke let the wall to remain in lvl 3...you can only sit down and pray to OG

Ironic, Solips was the one who got torn to shreds by Horrors.