Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437681 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1245: April 07, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
I assume their army is already spent since there was a battle in Sandlakes this turn.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246: April 07, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
The fastest way  to kill the daimon comanders would be through a duel to the death. If your character is skilled enough and if they accept of course.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247: April 07, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
The fastest way  to kill the daimon comanders would be through a duel to the death. If your character is skilled enough and if they accept of course.

Which they won't, because they don't speak English/Battlemaster Common Tongue (German?) and don't have anything resembling honor. No, you need your good buddy, Infiltrator Guy. You need Skiarxon Guldan. When you absolutely, positively need to stab the !@#$ out of a general in the middle of tens of thousands of CS of troops, accept no substitutes.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248: April 07, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »

To be honest, death duels also get abused. I can't count the times that Overlord has been challenged to one. Seriously, people? The guy is immortal and has skills maxed out. I could've killed a dozen characters just by accepting their challenges. You are really lucky that he considers you so far below him that he doesn't even consider duelling something he sees as the equivalent of a rat.

There's your answer. :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249: April 07, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
You need Skiarxon Guldan. When you absolutely, positively need to stab the !@#$ out of a general in the middle of tens of thousands of CS of troops, accept no substitutes.

If he's so epic, why did he get captured on his first mission in Fissoa? ;)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250: April 07, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »
If he's so epic, why did he get captured on his first mission in Fissoa? ;)

Did he really? :( He pulled a neat hat trick against CE, put down Enri and several marshals during a huge clash (About 60K CS altogether) with the Darka/Eston coalition and completely tipped the scales. I thought it would be cool if he could repeat that against the Daimons... but honestly I really shouldn't be fanboying him.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:09:09 PM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251: April 07, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
Did he really? :( He pulled a neat hat trick against CE, put down Enri and several marshals during a huge clash (About 60K CS altogether) with the Darka/Eston coalition and completely tipped the scales. I thought it would be cool if he could repeat that against the Daimons... but honestly I really shouldn't be fanboying him.

Haha. Well, that is pretty epic. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252: April 08, 2012, 06:21:58 AM »
Great, that is roughly what we have in Rio after the beating the Daimons gave us, and we are trying to enlarge it before we counter-strike. So what are you planning to do with it? Face the Daimons alone when they are done with us? Because I suspect it won't be enough...

Fought in Sandlakes. We lost the battle, but barely lost any CS. We should win this second round.

Our economy's pretty bad with the loss of Sandlakes and blighting of Eg Tutnu, so taking on these daimon militas is kinda necessary and urgent.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253: April 08, 2012, 06:27:55 AM »
I lost the rulership election by a tie because my loyalists just lost their regions to the daimons or blight or paused... Would have otherwise doubled the result. That's interesting...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254: April 08, 2012, 06:37:21 AM »
Crap luck like that is why the code for ties should be changed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255: April 08, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »

I remember my candidate for the duchy of Rines lost by tie during the Fourth Invasion. Which meant I had to convince/cajole an entirely new guy to secede into Meridian Republic from Riombara... Damn Khaludh... Should have known he couldn't be trusted ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256: April 08, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »

Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257: April 08, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
I lost the rulership election by a tie because my loyalists just lost their regions to the daimons or blight or paused... Would have otherwise doubled the result. That's interesting...

Maybe you should have been trying to be a leader for all of your realm, so you wouldn't have tied in the first place...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258: April 08, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »
Maybe you should have been trying to be a leader for all of your realm, so you wouldn't have tied in the first place...

Zing!

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259: April 08, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »
There's your answer. :)

So this means he can not die in battle like one of the daimon general recetly or be excuted after being captured?

As for great status, I kind of suspected it.  But there is no shame dieing in duel to the death.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:19:05 PM by mikm »