Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437612 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1305: April 12, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
They can't do anything in the region but travel. Once out, they can't get back in.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306: April 12, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Maybe they want to stay and see what hapens next or are KO.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307: April 12, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »
Then they'll remain in the region for a while, not being able to do anything.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308: April 12, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »
Then they'll remain in the region for a while, not being able to do anything.

Forever, actually. My character was accidentally stuck in the blight after he engaged in group of monsters in there, and since he was old, he didn't have the hours to leave the region after the battle. So he got stuck, and had to be manually removed from the region.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309: April 12, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
Forever, actually. My character was accidentally stuck in the blight after he engaged in group of monsters in there, and since he was old, he didn't have the hours to leave the region after the battle. So he got stuck, and had to be manually removed from the region.

This has got to be one of the funniest/most depressing things I've ever read on the forum. I'm just imagining this doddering old man politely asking the monsters to let him leave and they're like No, you have to stay grampa. Then he gets confused and takes a nap.

In other news, still hatin' them giant archer hordes. *Invests in Cavalry from hereon out.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310: April 12, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
Cavalry and SF are the way to go. :)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311: April 12, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
SF are great, had a lot of success with Vorian Elite (Basically Terminators who've come from the future to kill Daimon Connor) but they're sooo slooow. Outside of defending walls they're just getting blown up on the stroll towards the enemy. I shed a little tear every time I lose a 300 gold investment in one round of combat.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312: April 12, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
SF are great, had a lot of success with Vorian Elite (Basically Terminators who've come from the future to kill Daimon Connor) but they're sooo slooow. Outside of defending walls they're just getting blown up on the stroll towards the enemy. I shed a little tear every time I lose a 300 gold investment in one round of combat.

Heh. Cavalry may get there faster but they'll get destroyed all the same.. ;)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313: April 13, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
Heh. Cavalry may get there faster but they'll get destroyed all the same.. ;)

Actually in hand to hand we kick the Daimons' collective ass (We meaning all of us humies). They're doing about ~100 hits per battle turn while each of our units is doing anywhere from 250 to 900. Once they're engaged in melee they can't single out units and annihilate them with their lascannons, so even one guy getting there before the rest do is effectively shutting down a BFG while everyone else closes in. Maybe they get popped by the superior numbers once in melee, assuming nobody else is running cav. I'm not sure if they still only attack with a fraction once a unit of 500 is engaged with a single unit of, say, 30. But then you get in there with four or five nobles leading cav and it just becomes a slaughter until they break through and hit the second group. Wedge wedge wedge. DON'T put cavalry in the rear, that's terrible and makes me sad. There's no strategy for fighting these huge groups, just hit them as hard and as soon as possible and they'll break.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314: April 13, 2012, 12:33:45 AM »
Or kneel down and bow. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315: April 13, 2012, 12:58:16 AM »
Or kneel down and bow. ;)

I call that dance "The Chenier".

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316: April 13, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
I call that dance "The Chenier".

Are you kidding me?

We are so tough, we can take on BOTH Riombara and the daimons at the same time!

Power in pride, my friend.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317: April 13, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »
*waits till Chenier realizes 35k CS Horrors are marching to Enweil/IVF as we speak, followed by Riombara's army* You wanna test that? ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318: April 13, 2012, 04:18:24 AM »
*waits till Chenier realizes 35k CS Horrors are marching to Enweil/IVF as we speak, followed by Riombara's army* You wanna test that? ;D

Our pride is invincible!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1319: April 13, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »
Hunting with 400+ men surely is effective. Wow:

Hunting Report   [size=.9em](2 hours, 17 minutes ago)[/size]
One hunting party of 23 men meets 5 enemies of the Dawn Warriors unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 21 men meets 4 enemies of the Dawn Warriors unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 16 men meets 6 enemies of the Dawn Warriors unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 15 men meets 2 enemies of the Destruction unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 24 men meets 2 enemies of the Destruction unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 24 men meets 3 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 21 men meets 3 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 14 men meets 2 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 20 men meets 3 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 18 men meets 3 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 19 men meets 2 enemies of the =S= Sleeping Dragon Company unit, who immediately surrender.
One hunting party of 12 men meets 5 enemies of the Daimon Riders unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 19 men meets 4 enemies of the Daimon Riders unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 23 men meets 4 enemies of the Daimon Riders unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.
One hunting party of 11 men meets 3 enemies of the Morrigan's Marauders unit. The enemy doesn't surrender and your men attack, wiping the enemy party out. 0 of your men die during the fight.