Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 438009 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1335: April 14, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »
My point exactly, in melee the Daimons aren't very scary at all. But the front horde keeps you from hitting the second horde, which is steadily bumping off one unit per combat round walls or no.
As the Daimons do not do huge hits in melee, the walls do not make much of a difference for them either.

Here's the first encounter in Mouzl:
# Round
1) They are at the very other end of the field, and can barely hit us. But...
Defiance of the North (9) take 397 hits from archer fire, which cause 9 casualties.
Antoni Guard (4) take 554 hits from archer fire, which cause 10 casualties.
2) Defiance of the North (9) take 1253 hits from archer fire, which cause 29 casualties, wiping the unit out.
3) Winifael Lancers (25) take 3351 hits (138 in close combat, 3213 from archer fire), which cause 32 casualties, wiping the unit out.
4) Roaring Thunder (21) take 3451 hits (38 in close combat, 3413 from archer fire), which cause 10 casualties, wiping the unit out.
Sir Bergelmir Crownguard of Thalmarkin (Knight of Winifael, Thalmarkin) has been wounded by Blight Creatures (2).
5) Antoni Guard (4) take 2554 hits (120 in close combat, 2434 from archer fire), which cause 47 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield. 9 Melhed banners fall.
6) Elite Axemen (10) take 1337 hits from archer fire, which cause 29 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield.
7) City Watch (6) take 919 hits from archer fire, which cause 14 casualties, wiping the unit out.
8) Random Untrained Guys With Forks (AKA legendary badasses) use their pally bubble and somehow luck out here.
9) Oh wait... Random Untrained Guys With Forks (19) take 885 hits from archer fire, which cause 18 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield.
10) Masters of Archer is a big unit, they can take this...
11) Nope. Masters of Archer (13) take 1048 hits from archer fire, which cause 35 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield.
12) =S= Sleeping Dragon Company (3) take 1334 hits (154 in close combat, 1180 from archer fire), which cause 32 casualties, wiping the unit out.
13) SS-Police Force (22) take 993 hits from archer fire, which cause 32 casualties, wiping the unit out.
14) Orde Longbowmen (17) take 1034 hits from archer fire, which cause 36 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield.
15) Guardsmen (12) take 825 hits from archer fire, which cause 32 casualties, causing panicked flight among the survivors, 1 additional men get slaughtered during the retreat.
Battle ends.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:22:06 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336: April 14, 2012, 03:32:31 AM »
My point exactly, in melee the Daimons aren't very scary at all. But the front horde keeps you from hitting the second horde, which is steadily bumping off one unit per combat round walls or no.

Horrors (2) fire on Questors Myrmidons (27), scoring 3497 hits.
Questors Myrmidons (27) take 831 hits (317 in close combat, 514 from archer fire) (reduced due to fortifications), which cause 20 casualties.

I beg to differ, from being behind level 5 walls, that unit survived 3497 hits, if you ignore the close combat hits, thats more like 15 casualties. If no walls, that unit would be gone. Walls are important.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337: April 14, 2012, 03:37:46 AM »
Then they got wiped out next turn because they sat on the wall, right? A defensive strategy is a losing strategy here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:39:24 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338: April 14, 2012, 03:51:32 AM »
Questors Myrmidons (27) score 1133 hits on Horrors (3). on turn 2

This is what they did the next turn, then the next three turns the cavalry were engaged so they waited, then this

Questors Myrmidons (27) score 740 hits on Horrors (1). on turn 6
Questors Myrmidons (27) score 393 hits on Horrors (3) on turn 7
Questors Myrmidons (27) score 569 hits on Horrors (1). on turn 8
Questors Myrmidons (27) score 353 hits on Horrors (1). on turn 9

then they retreated and fought in the next battle. So yeah walls are good.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339: April 14, 2012, 04:28:28 AM »
Death is back.

I guess it's an okay time for it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340: April 14, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »
Death is back.

No its not, the message said executions and death duels will now be done, they have always existed.

Death in terms of dying in battle as a non hero is not back. You can not die in any new circumstance where you would not be able to die on any other continent. So nothing new, Tom was just nice to give us a warning.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1341: April 14, 2012, 04:42:36 AM »
Death in terms of dying in battle as a non hero is not back. You can not die in any new circumstance where you would not be able to die on any other continent. So nothing new, Tom was just nice to give us a warning.

Yeah, and the ink was barely dry when the first people whined about it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342: April 14, 2012, 04:46:33 AM »
No its not, the message said executions and death duels will now be done, they have always existed.

Reread it. Perhaps I read it too fast, but so did you. It's not just like any other continent.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343: April 14, 2012, 10:33:47 AM »
Regardng duels to death, is every character on the island supose to know Overlord is unkillable?
From an IC perspective.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344: April 14, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
Reread it. Perhaps I read it too fast, but so did you. It's not just like any other continent.

Please clarify, how so.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1345: April 14, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
Regardng duels to death, is every character on the island supose to know Overlord is unkillable?
From an IC perspective.

No, of course not. But it was important to mention it OOC before there is even more whining and complaining.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346: April 14, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »
Regarding the invasion. It is not as harcore as it could be.
In the last one there were 3 invaders. Here only one.
New nobles can travel to Bleutera. In the last invasion they couldn't.
Invaders come in waves with plenty of time in between to prepare. In the last invasion they  came nonstop. At least that is what I've noticed the monsters were doing.
And finlly, during the last invasion, there was a mass loss of popultion. Those monsters could eat like hundres of peasents each turn. Some regions had like 10 population.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347: April 14, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »

That you don't have to first have been banned from Netherworld for Tom to execute you is the only difference that I see.  From the message Tom sent out to everybody: "None of these are changes to the game mechanics, but simply changes in how I play."  So random mortality for non-heroes should still be disabled.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348: April 14, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
From today on, Overlord will kill those who openly disrespect him, if he gets the chance (e.g. dungeon prisoners who can be executed, death duels, etc.)

As far as I know dungeon prisoners who can be executed are either those who have been banned or have low honour. It does not say dungeon prisoners period. It says ones who can be executed, as if they were captured by any other realm. So no difference I can see than any other realm or continent.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349: April 14, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »
That you don't have to first have been banned from Netherworld for Tom to execute you is the only difference that I see.

Which is, imo, pretty significant.

From today on, Overlord will kill those who openly disrespect him, if he gets the chance (e.g. dungeon prisoners who can be executed, death duels, etc.)

As far as I know dungeon prisoners who can be executed are either those who have been banned or have low honour. It does not say dungeon prisoners period. It says ones who can be executed, as if they were captured by any other realm. So no difference I can see than any other realm or continent.

I'm assuming you can be executed by the netherworld without a ban now.