Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Geronus

Quote from: mikm on April 14, 2012, 10:33:47 AM
Regardng duels to death, is every character on the island supose to know Overlord is unkillable?
From an IC perspective.

...Dude. He is a 20-foot tall monster wielding a sword and armor made of screaming human souls. You may choose to have your character react however you like to those facts, but seriously. Who the hell would think they actually had a chance?

Lorgan

Quote from: Geronus on April 14, 2012, 04:40:49 PM
...Dude. He is a 20-foot tall monster wielding a sword and armor made of screaming human souls. You may choose to have your character react however you like to those facts, but seriously. Who the hell would think they actually had a chance?

Actually, he assured my character in Thalmarkin that the souls are silent.

D`Este

They "die" in combat, so why not in a duel?

Geronus

I'm not saying they couldn't. Just that no sane person would think that he'd be able to do it single-handedly in a one on one duel.

Lefanis

What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

OFaolain

Quote from: Tom on April 14, 2012, 02:47:12 PM
And also false.

Huh, I figured they wouldn't follow silly human conventions like "warnings".  Well color me mistaken; so, Overlord will be dropping bans on people who are flippant/call him out/are openly defiant (if he hasn't done so already) and executions will follow on the second capture?

@Lefanis: YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

mikm

Provided huminaty loses, there are like 3 options for a noble:
1. Become Overlord's slave- provided he is still accepting slaves.
2. Get on ship and flee the island.
3. Fight to the death.(or opose till death you could say)
The third is the most honrable one out.

Tom

Quote from: OFaolain on April 14, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Huh, I figured they wouldn't follow silly human conventions like "warnings".  Well color me mistaken; so, Overlord will be dropping bans on people who are flippant/call him out/are openly defiant (if he hasn't done so already) and executions will follow on the second capture?

He has to follow the same game-mechanics, so there will be bans. However, some characters can be executed immediately without a ban. Adventurers, for example. And I capture plenty of those.

Chenier

Quote from: Tom on April 14, 2012, 08:47:30 PM
He has to follow the same game-mechanics, so there will be bans. However, some characters can be executed immediately without a ban. Adventurers, for example. And I capture plenty of those.

Can he ban battle captives? If so, then it's not the same mechanics. If not, then is he really gonna be able to truly execute all that many slanderous noble as you seem to claim he will?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

Quote from: Chénier on April 15, 2012, 05:20:29 AM
Can he ban battle captives? If so, then it's not the same mechanics.

I said at least twice that there are no changes to or new game-mechanics.

Chenier

Quote from: Tom on April 15, 2012, 06:25:12 AM
I said at least twice that there are no changes to or new game-mechanics.

So the characters you capture in battle will continue to slander Overlord, as they'll be immune to execution, as will infiltrators after their first offense?

What was the point of your announcement, then?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

There won't be special treatment any more. Death Duels will be accepted now. If you're going to slander Overlord, expect 7 days of torture. If you don't, you might get released a bit earlier. And Adventurers won't be safe any more either. It's a change in policy, it's good it's been announced, or otherwise people would have probably complained too.

Tom

Quote from: Chénier on April 15, 2012, 04:38:48 PM
So the characters you capture in battle will continue to slander Overlord, as they'll be immune to execution, as will infiltrators after their first offense?

What was the point of your announcement, then?

Unfortunately, that will likely happen. But at least the infiltrators will shut up now after I've banned them, and if other people try to play hero while inside the Netherworld prison, I can torture them twice daily for the full 7 days, steal their gold so they can't pay ransom - all things I haven't done so far. And if they overdo it, I could use the deportation option. Basically, whatever options there are, I will now use them when I feel like it.

JPierreD

Quote from: Tom on April 15, 2012, 04:53:06 PM
Unfortunately, that will likely happen. But at least the infiltrators will shut up now after I've banned them, and if other people try to play hero while inside the Netherworld prison, I can torture them twice daily for the full 7 days, steal their gold so they can't pay ransom - all things I haven't done so far. And if they overdo it, I could use the deportation option. Basically, whatever options there are, I will now use them when I feel like it.

Great, this should certainly make things much more fun. :D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).