Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geronus

Quote from: Tom on May 08, 2012, 11:02:39 PM
Yeah, that was the single most damaging sentence spoken during this invasion. I was wondering why nobody had yet caught on to the fact that Overlord and the Horrors only ever attacked capitals and afterwards completely ignored those realms.

*Raises eyebrow*

The extent of the damage kind of depends on what he can do with this wisdom, doesn't it? The daimon forces have been ground down quite a bit. In the North they're not in a position to do much. In the South I'm reasonably confident that Riombara is strong enough to hold off Midnight of the South at this point. Unless Overlord is about to whip out a whole new batch of fresh forces, I think we've already survived the worst he can throw at us.

Norrel

Quote from: Geronus on May 08, 2012, 11:11:12 PM
I think we've already survived the worst he can throw at us.

Famous last words.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lorgan

According to what Overlord has said, the Horrors are indeed his elite force and they have been beaten (though not destroyed) in the North. It depends on whether he can recruit much more of them. He has already recruited more but not very much so we're going to have to wait and see.
It also depends on what happens when/if we kill a midnight... do they come back with a fresh horde? And when and with what force will Overlord reappear?

I'm really not so sure that we've won but... I am kinda glad this takes the immediate target off of Unger a little. :P

Geronus

Quote from: Tom on May 08, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
Nothing meta-gamy about it. Overlord operated under the assumption that the capitals were not just symbolic, but actual foci of a realm, their hearts and brains, and so taking them out would destroy a realm. Maybe not make it vanish immediately, just like a body whose heart you just stabbed takes a while to rot away, but definitely finish them off for good.

To me it sounded like Overlord heard what he wanted to hear out of what Lucius said. I said "so long as there is one stronghold left, one bastion of humanity in this land, there will be those who fight on." From that Overlord immediately jumped to "Aha, so you're saying you can move your capital around?". I don't really see it. What I meant was, 'even with just two capitals, we'll still resist you'. And we would. If Fronen lost its last city, I'd be on my way to Thalmarkin in two shakes and a jiffy.

Marlboro

Quote from: Geronus on May 08, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
If Fronen lost its last city, I'd be on my way to Thalmarkin in two shakes and a jiffy.

The party at Unger is currently BYOSF, but there's an open bar at least, and our DJ kicks ass.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Solari

Quote from: Geronus on May 08, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
If Fronen lost its last city, I'd be on my way to Thalmarkin in two shakes and a jiffy.

YESSSSSS  :D :D

Chenier

Quote from: Tom on May 08, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
Nothing meta-gamy about it. Overlord operated under the assumption that the capitals were not just symbolic, but actual foci of a realm, their hearts and brains, and so taking them out would destroy a realm. Maybe not make it vanish immediately, just like a body whose heart you just stabbed takes a while to rot away, but definitely finish them off for good.

I don't really like this line of thought, but whatever, it's end-game anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Turner

Quote from: Tom on May 08, 2012, 11:02:39 PM
Yeah, that was the single most damaging sentence spoken during this invasion. I was wondering why nobody had yet caught on to the fact that Overlord and the Horrors only ever attacked capitals and afterwards completely ignored those realms.

I did catch on, which is why my character has barely said anything in the rulers group infront of Overlord. Perhaps the other rulers should refrain from taunting and goating Overlord, all I have seen is that it makes matters worse for the human realms. At the end of the day words are meaningless, it is the results on the battlefield and who is left standing at the end that matters.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

mikm

So much waiting and nothing hapening.

Lorgan

I don't really mind a little breathing time...

Madigan

Quote from: Lorgan on May 09, 2012, 04:12:09 PM
I don't really mind a little breathing time...

Likewise. If only everyone wasn't so eager to march directly in the jaws of death and overwhelming odds.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Marlboro

Penchant

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Marlboro

You play on Dwilight? Imagine all of the Zuma unit leaders, multiply their CS by 2 or 3.

Sitting right outside Unger.

vvv We'll find a way, when all hope is gone!

Lorgan

You mean all hope is gone for the daimons? ;)