Author Topic: Is there something changed with the map on the travel page on Beluaterra?  (Read 18205 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Ok. You asked for it.

I want ambassadors to be able to draw arbitrary color codes on maps and include those in treaties. That way they can draw claimed areas, treaties and the like.

Aha! That should actually be possible, based on some ideas Tom has already had.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm glad to see that this is finally coming to fruition. It really had (and has) me excited when it was first discussed :D

Session data not valid or incomplete. The most obvious reasons for this are:

Login error (wrong password or username). Solution: Use the correct username and/or password.
    Session timeout - you remained logged in for more than 20 minutes without doing anything. Solution: Please log in again.
    Tried direct access to a page within the game (e.g. from a bookmark). Solution: Only bookmark the login page. Log in again now.
    Cookies disabled in your browser, proxy or firewall. Solution: Enable cookies.

This most likely means one of two things:
  • You aren't actually logged into a character on BT or Dwilight
  • You are logged in, but you use www.battlemaster.org instead of simply battlemaster.org
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile

Yep, it was the latter many thanks :)

So: when will get get to annex portion of nearby regions, to make another Palm Sea (but one that actually produces something)?! ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
New request:

A "bloc identifier." Something that will do an "on-the-fly" network analysis and identify blocs of nations based on their interlocking alliances and federations.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Also, issue:

I looked at it on Dwilight and now when I look at it on Beluaterra, the layers still show Dwilight information.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Also, issue:

I looked at it on Dwilight and now when I look at it on Beluaterra, the layers still show Dwilight information.

Damn, that's the browser caching I added. Of course, it uses the same URL. :-(

Should work better now.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to notice. :-)

We are working on the coolest map EVER, and have been for months. When we're done, I can personally guarantee that you'll be blown away.

Want a sneak preview? BT and Dwilight only, when you're logged into a character, go here:
http://battlemaster.org/testing/dynamicmap3.php

First time I saw all of BT in months.  :'(

It took quite a while to load... I hope this stuff gets cached soon.

And would it be possible to click on a region and get its details (lord, food, gold etc) pop up next to it?

And Whoa! Thats one high res map!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:49:32 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Euh, what is that smokey vulcanic island doing near Madina?

@Bael, what do you mean with that thing about the Palm Sea?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Euh, what is that smokey vulcanic island doing near Madina?

Libidizedd is gone... Madina is gone... new island between Aegir and Freke.....

We're not supposed to see this, are we?  :o
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Libidizedd is gone... Madina is gone... new island between Aegir and Freke.....

We're not supposed to see this, are we?  :o

None of that is new, vonGenf.  In fact, it's all very old.

That is an earlier version of the Dwilight map, before the islands in the middle were added—at Tom's suggestion, IIRC, to make sure the two halves weren't quite so completely separate.
Timothy Collett

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
And it seems the only geography map I had was the old one. Anyone got the current one, geography only?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
We've searched for it before, back when we were updating the Dwilight section of the Maps page on the wiki. No one was able to find it. I suppose it's possible Gias Kay may have it. Any G+ user willing to ask him if by any chance he might have a copy? He hasn't played BattleMaster in a few years, though, so the chances are not great.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
We could just find someone bored enough to re-do the map in the newer editor... and also draw all the polygons again... or simply do without a geographical map.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Draw the polygons ... again ...?

* Indirik cries....
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.