Author Topic: Unreliable Torture  (Read 20946 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unreliable Torture
« Reply #45: December 11, 2011, 01:38:24 AM »
Again, you are imposing your human values and ways of thinking on the definitely non-human Zuma. Who says they even recognize the division between noble/commoner? Or are even aware that such a thing exists? Maybe the Zuma determine your place in the hierarchy by the color of the chitin plating? Or how far you can spit fireballs? Or the pitch of your voice? etc., etc...

I think that once you stop trying to think of the Zuma as nothing more than just a human realm with a bigger army, you'll be better equipped to deal with them.

I'm not even talking about the Zuma here, I'm speaking in general.

However, it does seem pretty clear to me that if the Zuma GM suggested that this issue be brought before the magistrates, it *isn't* because he's got some RP justification for it. If the GM suggested that the issue go to the magistrates, then it's because it is an OOC issue. The magistrates don't deal with anything RP.

This isn't about "understanding" the Zuma culture. This is about the Zuma GM who believes it's perfectly fine to demand game-generated reports, but who invites the player who has issues with it to confirm the legitimacy of it by a magistrates ruling.

You are trying too hard to infer IC reasonning for something clearly purely OOC.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron