Author Topic: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding  (Read 29407 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding
« Topic Start: December 09, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »
A few points I would like to bring forth to the discussion would be:

*Scout reports are not 100% accurate as far as CS goes, but are able to be shared anyways. Copy/pasting such information in letters to such level of precision would be impossible.
*Secret police reports are short and easy to copy/paste. The text is short and there is no special formating required.
*Torture reports are lengthy and a hell of a pain to copy/paste. Copy/pasting these letters without breaking the formating and without spamming 100 letters would be impossible.

When arguing on the basis of whether certain other features offer a scribe note or not, it should be considered how easy or hard transmitting such information without a game link would be. Odds are ease of manipulation and sharing played a great role in these design decisions.

Of course, I would also trust the designers (of which ^ban^ and Indirik are two) to have some knowledge of the intent of these features. That said, I think a better and far more relevant question is whether this request actually constitutes the exploitation of a bug, which is what is explicitly forbidden by the Social Contract. In spite of Vellos' lengthy justification, I'm not inclined to say it is. It requires a pretty significant leap to get from 'meta-gaming a feature' to 'exploiting a bug'. And, as Vellos admits, meta-gaming is not explicitly forbidden.

EDIT: On top of that, from what Indirik is saying, it's questionable whether this is even meta-gaming.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:29:28 PM by Geronus »