Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Large Update Bugs and Breaks

Started by Tom, December 12, 2011, 09:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: fodder on December 20, 2011, 01:43:52 PM
tom, what do you mean by turn failed?!

Regions. The part that came later.

Tom

Quote from: egamma on December 20, 2011, 01:14:21 PM
Court bug still present for Gaston/Hupar, FEI.

this is strange. Seems we have an unrelated bug on stable.

GoldPanda

Quote from: fodder on December 20, 2011, 01:43:52 PM
tom, what do you mean by turn failed?!

so far as i can see, we got quite a bit of turn change messages on bt at the normal hours of 5am gmt
unit autopayment
Unit Status Report
Battle in X
Referendum Ending
Referendum Summary
Caravan Report   
(ok.. none of the region/duchy/realm report stuff)

then we got one of the newish bits at 8.4x gmt (around the time you posted)
Regional Report for Avengmil  (to lord+knight)

I'm seeing this on Atamara as well. The regions seem to be frozen in time. Population is not changing. Other stats are not changing. It's not that things are simply not reported. They are not changing at all. We're not making any forward progress on TOs either. However, all player initiated actions still seem to have effects, and battles are still happening.
------
qui audet vincit

Menelaus

Court bug still present in Dwilight...or at least it is for me here in Morek. 

EDIT:  I can now hold court again. 

Tom

Quote from: GoldPanda on December 20, 2011, 07:40:36 PM
I'm seeing this on Atamara as well. The regions seem to be frozen in time. Population is not changing. Other stats are not changing. It's not that things are simply not reported. They are not changing at all. We're not making any forward progress on TOs either. However, all player initiated actions still seem to have effects, and battles are still happening.

Again, AT is on stable, not testing. It should not be affected AT ALL.

Can you please do this:

• pick a region or two of your choice
  • write down its stats before the turn (or make a screenshot)
  • do the same after the turn
  • verify that there has been no change

fodder

well.. d'hara (dwi) managed to TO a region just now (server time: 21:34 Tuesday).. Sallowtown, a city. heck, it even joins an existing duchy.

though... oddly, region details (http://battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=168) says
Sallowtown
D'Hara, duchy of Qubel Lighthouse
"Takeover by D'Hara in progress"

--
was that another manual turn run?
firefox

Tom

Jens Namtrah

Seems turn did not run on Stable (AT) this turn for regions, as described above.

I hadn't noticed this before, as I'm in opposite timezones from most of you so Tom ran it manually before I saw, but this turn:

No turn stat changes
No message regarding region stats
Hold court flag not reset

i.e, the usual list already mentioned

fodder

Regional Report for Avengmil   (1 hour, 52 minutes ago) (riombara bt)
In summary, peasant morale has improved a bit . It is now joyful
In summary, loyalty to your realm has improved a bit . It is now hateful <---- but loyalty is 100%

for nebel, d'hara, dwi
In summary, production has suffered dramatically. It is now joyful <--- production joyful?!
In summary, loyalty to your realm has improved a bit . It is now hateful <-98%

just noticed something else..
No new recruits finished the "Well trained rangers" special forces recruitment center today.

as opposed to
X recruits were trained in the "Well trained rangers" special forces recruitment center.

...eh... why does it say no new recruits "finished" instead of just saying no new recruits were trained... or even better "no new recruits finished training" in
firefox

Draco Tanos

Quote from: fodder on December 21, 2011, 08:02:51 AM
In summary, production has suffered dramatically. It is now joyful <--- production joyful?!
They whistle while they work?

vonGenf

I'm not sure if it's a bug, an unclear wording, or just on the todo list, but I got this today:

Regional Report for Kuugl   (3 hours, 7 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Kuugl
   •   The "Saint Kostansa's Cloakmen" infantry recruitment center has the maximum amount of recruits ready and waiting (25 men).
   •   The "Javeliners" mixed infantry recruitment center has the maximum amount of recruits ready and waiting (25 men).
   •   In summary, peasant morale has improved a bit . It is now indescribable

Indescribable seems particularly non-helpful as a descriptor.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Tom

Thanks for the feedback, all these should be improved in the next turn.

Except for stable. I'm still puzzled why it is affected at all. There are no errors, no indicators of anything going wrong there at all. I'll have to figure out what the heck is going on. Does this affect all stable islands or only some?

GoldPanda

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6445

Atamara is definitely acting weird.

I'm not sure about EC, as I don't have a region lord char there and do not see region status reports anyway.
------
qui audet vincit

Lorgan

In summary, production has dropped a little. It is now joyful
In summary, peasant morale has dropped a little. It is now joyful

Joyful production? :)

Tom

Quote from: GoldPanda on December 21, 2011, 10:41:42 AM
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6445

Atamara is definitely acting weird.

I'm not sure about EC, as I don't have a region lord char there and do not see region status reports anyway.

I'm not disregarding the reports. But I get conflicting information, and the debug info from the server indicates no problem. Something strange is going on, that much is certain.