Author Topic: What you really wanted to do in BM but never did  (Read 34246 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Become duke of a key stronghold with level 10 walls, 10k of the best militia, and 2k stored food. 8)

...and then throw rocks at the neighbors.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
If you had enough realms borrowing funds from you, then you could offer some amount off the principle if they attack the realm that decides it doesn't need to pay.  ;)  Or you will just have to have a significant army of your own. Besides, having a bank on your side would be a rather good thing if you need to get involved in any conflicts and braking that tie would cause some incentive for the bank to fund your enemies.

In other words, no. there is no official way to make them pay up, but if you get all godfather about it you could make it work. (Thinking about an army of infiltrators  ;D)

The amount of work required to pull such a thing off successfully is totally not worth the gains. They are more likely to band against you than against other people in debt like them, anyhow.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering, how exactly does someone go about going down into BM history?  I'm wondering because I'd also like to get a character to do just that, but I have no idea what sort of pre-reqs there are. What characters have already gone down in BM history?

I say it depends on how many continents you are considered notable.

I, for example, consider the Chénier family to be pretty well-known on Beluaterra. Been there for a long time, did a lot of messy things, messed with people from every realm, achieved many positions, founded the religion that got the spotlight of everyone's attention for so long, etc. And my bag is still full of tricks on that island.

On Dwilight, I can't say. I must have at least a moderate level of fame. Much more localized, though. Nobles from my realm know who I am, those of adjacent realms probably heard my name at least a few times, and so have rulers abroad. I've just hosted a tournament too, this aids, and I'm involved in a few things. But nothing truly big, shocking, or otherwise quite memorable beyond the limits of my own realm.

I don't know how many people outside of BT and Dwi know of my family. Such it is, really, fame is localized. Fine by me like that. And while I didn't look in a while, my family page, user page, and blood cult page had gotten quite a few views on the wiki last I checked.

If you want to be known game-wide, though, you'd need to have 4 active nobles in 4 different continents, probably best if its BT, Dwilight, FEI, and AT or EC. And you'd must be ambitious with them, ready to gamble all the time, not afraid to do shady deals with public repercussions, and participating in newspapers can help as well.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
As it happens, I remember Si ju Jarungi. But bounties aren't a big deal. That's just an infiltrator's blood-money, not really infamous or evil (especially since infils generally prefer NOT to be noticed). The real infamous ones are villains like Delvin, Aldo, or Handkor; or Doc, for example.

The path to fame is indeed the Wiki: or, the realm. So, for example, few people remember individual Avamarians. But Avamar itself remains part of the game's "collective memory." Or the zillion incarnations of Tuchanon (which, by the way, if/when I succeed in forming a secession, it will almost certainly be called Tuchanon, even though I never played in any of the earlier Tuchanon incarnations). Or Sirion and Doc, for example. Our Sordnaz and BoM. Or, heck, Irombrozia (though we were kind of a backwater, admittedly).

Or consider Mathurin Hossenfeffer: a well-run religion is also a path to lasting fame.

Most of the rulers you mentionned were there for so long they could blend in with the tapistry. Their fame often comes more from being a long-time figure head than any public action. Mind you, I'm not saying they didn't do anything, but foreigners rarely ever got any hint of it as far as I know.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

I am still amazed when people mention Argus.  It was successful in outing a rebllion in Riombara, and then I had to leave the game due to time demands.  I turned it over to someone else, and by all accounts they screwed it up.  If people are still interested in this kind of stuff, I have been working on something much more insidious and I think I have the kinks worked out of the system.  It's certainly been far more effective than Argus ever was, or could have been.  I'm always looking for players to work with.  Shoot me a PM.

The wiki makes it sound mysterious.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Become duke of a key stronghold with level 10 walls, 10k of the best militia, and 2k stored food. 8)

I hope you'll have a rich city duke buddy to help you pay for all that, 'cause you certainly won't have enough on your stronghold's income.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
I want to find more things to accomplish.... And forge an empire that includes a stronghold with lvl 10 walls and a lvl 10 temple of the state religion. I also want to found a realm based on the Chaos Requiem and wreak bloody havoc across the lands.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Zakilevo

Want to challenge everyone in the realm to a duel of death and see how long my character can last. :)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Form the Perthian Empire.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Destroy the Perthian Empire.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It's funny to me how many things on other people's lists that I've accomplished without really even thinking about it.

-Secede and found new realm. Check.
-Rebel and become leader on an island where you're already ruling. Check. (I think this was prior to any rules against it, but still.)
-Have an infiltrator known across 3 islands. Check.
-Start a religion that essentially revolves around worshiping your character and/or family. Check.

I just recently came back from a 3+ year absence and thus have created a new list.  Mostly related to re-establishing my family name.  Though I do have to say that 6 days in-realm with Outer Tilog has got to be a new game-wide record for election to a local lordship.  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
-Have an infiltrator known across 3 islands. Check.
That's too easy. You need to shoot for having an infiltrator who has been responsible for major, realm-altering changes across three islands, without anyone knowing it was you! Now that's a kick-ass infiltrator.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

That's too easy. You need to shoot for having an infiltrator who has been responsible for major, realm-altering changes across three islands, without anyone knowing it was you! Now that's a kick-ass infiltrator.
Now that is a very difficult task. Is that even possible? lol

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
We will never know. As soon as someone claims credit for this achievement, it is no longer said achievement to be credited.

Logic ftw.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
We will never know. As soon as someone claims credit for this achievement, it is no longer said achievement to be credited.

Logic ftw.

Damn you for beating me too this.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner