Author Topic: The role of motivation and a possible solution  (Read 8470 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: The role of motivation and a possible solution
« Reply #15: December 07, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
That's an interesting concept.

Can you maybe spin off a topic in the development forum? I have long been thinking about replacing fame with a kind of achievements system like other games have it now, and the same could be given to realms as well.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: December 07, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
Using RR-like stats would be a really cool, I agree. In fact, I've long been unhappy with the stats providing so current, accurate information you may not want your enemy to have.
But if we had them only as weekly averages... hm... That would solve several problems at once.

Oh God no!

They're already a pain in the ass to try to make any sense of, and have little enough relevance to reality.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 07, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
Is it a fair summary of the proposal to call it "Fame points for realms"?

Yes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 08, 2011, 03:16:43 AM »
I've never heard anyone complain about the statistics being too precise. Yea, it can give a forewarning to your neighbors if you want to pop up a large army in secret... but then again, everyone benefits from it. And hell, if raising large armies in secret was possible, I suspect there's be a lot more of these not-declaring-war-until-in-the-capital move, as people wouldn't be able to take preventive measures. And these aren't any fun at all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 08, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
what is the point of fame for realm?  chart somewhere to track how a realm fares over time?
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 08, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »
what is the point of fame for realm?  chart somewhere to track how a realm fares over time?

Yes.
After all it's a roleplaying game.