Author Topic: Takeover Feedback, please!  (Read 21265 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Takeover Feedback, please!
« Reply #45: January 26, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
the lack of a middle way can be a bit limiting in my opinion. and I thought fear was supposed the quick way to take regions, with the drawback of having them in bad conditions afterwards, is that really not so? (I have yet to join a single TO with the new system)

Eventually you are going to want to balance both factors during a TO. A region with 100% and no fear, or the other way around is going to have some sort of issues once you take it. The other thing to understand is their is no real Love TO or Fear TO. When I say love TO what I mean is that we have every noble performing certain actions, that only raise love and lower fear. TO's are now just a collection of actions that will determine the outcome.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #46: January 26, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »
We took about 2-3 days with a rogue region only using friendly options and having much less nobles (Kabrinskia, have an army of 12 nobles, and only about 9 of those have units). So I think it might be balanced on that side. Still a pain in the ass, but what can you do?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: January 26, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »
We took about 2-3 days with a rogue region only using friendly options and having much less nobles (Kabrinskia, have an army of 12 nobles, and only about 9 of those have units). So I think it might be balanced on that side. Still a pain in the ass, but what can you do?

Rogue regions are considerably faster, for a few reasons.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #48: January 26, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
yes, which is what I was saying.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 26, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »
yes, which is what I was saying.

Rogue regions, with the exception of Dwilight are rare. I don't see how the speed at which you can TO rogues would balance the system in general?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: January 27, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
I would to have the turn-change realm-wide TO status message back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #51: January 27, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »
I would to have the turn-change realm-wide TO status message back.

The realm does get a "the TO is still continuing" message, doesn't it?

I'm still tuning things, and with the next big update, the time required will go down by about 20% (this also affects all TOs that are in progress already - a benefit of the new system).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: January 27, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »
The realm does get a "the TO is still continuing" message, doesn't it?
No. Astrum has been running a TO for three days, and the realm has not gotten any messages about it.

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: January 27, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »
The take over of the Tower in Madina has been going on for 1 day and has reached a 20% favorability for the occupying forces.  A very intense "get friendly with the locals" campaign has been going on with about 15 messages per turn appearing.  Some of the occupying forces did not get the message and tried forceful methods initially but that seems to have stopped now.

On another note, I as Judge of Madina have been able to hold court in the Tower.  Not sure that this is intended to I thought I should point it out.

Darlor

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #54: January 27, 2012, 05:10:44 PM »
No. Astrum has been running a TO for three days, and the realm has not gotten any messages about it.

Which realm? Astrum or the target realm?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #55: January 27, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
the target realm is rogue

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #56: January 27, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Rogue regions, with the exception of Dwilight are rare. I don't see how the speed at which you can TO rogues would balance the system in general?

Funnily enough, I was speaking about Dwilight. So it might be rather important there. Plus you only have to look at the East Continent to know that what you say is false. There's rogues everywhere because of the wars.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #57: January 27, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
the target realm is rogue

Yeah, the realm doing the TO does not receive reports - but everyone inside the region does. Don't you have enough of your people there?

I kind of liked that as a nice touch - localize information a little. I can change it to be a realm-wide message, that is literally a one-line code change. I just kind of like it to not spam everyone with everything.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: January 27, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
I kind of liked that as a nice touch - localize information a little. I can change it to be a realm-wide message, that is literally a one-line code change. I just kind of like it to not spam everyone with everything.

Please do change it. There are plenty of people in every realm that stay at home to keep things running etc. They're already largely cut off from a lot of the talks due to the army system so even an automatic message about take overs helps keep them in the loop on what's happening.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: January 27, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
Yeah, the realm doing the TO does not receive reports - but everyone inside the region does. Don't you have enough of your people there?

Well, the TO was successful, so I suppose we had enough people there. But I really don't think that we have to worry about too much realm-wide spam. And this just seems like something that a lot of the realm would be interested in knowing.