Author Topic: What little things that people commonly do, do you consider non-SMA? And why?  (Read 20738 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
SMA Pet Peeve:

Orders and the general idea among many (usually generals & marshals, obviously) that all nobles in the realm or army are some sort of conscripts who are expected to do nothing unless told, and must explain their every action and seek permission to move about or do things on their own.

haven't run into it excessively on Dwilight - it used to be a game-wide problem that still pops up from time to time.

On Dwilight, my Marshal character generally only gives extremely general directives. "Let's try to keep our duchy free of monsters" or "looks like we all need a refit." And mostly I let the members act on their own and they are expected to individually respond to threats like monsters without much prodding, especially if it is within their region.

From time to time, more formal orders are given for instance we need to rally to a border altogether to respond to a foreign threat or something. But mostly, I try to have him treat everyone as what they are: Nobles leading their own units of soldiers who should be capable of doing what needs to be with very little prompting.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)