Author Topic: Dwilight losing its saltiness?  (Read 39173 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Dwilight losing its saltiness?
« Reply #30: January 07, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
When did this turn into a post about the Zuma?

Anyway there is as much player attitude in this as mechanics, whoever said my argument was void.

You think you're really supposed to just keep expanding like some cancer until you stretch to your logical boundary? Yeah, mechanics, sure. In the short time I've been playing I've found a bunch of things about how this game works and how many things are really possible. I know as well as anyone else who doesn't have access to the code how stuff works in this game, and for some things, how they break.

But are you supposed to do it? For bugs and exploits, no. But what about the less clear stuff like logging in right before turn change, or playing two adventurers on the same continent trading and hunting together? Those are also mechanically permitted, and not actually things you should not do. And? Well, most people just don't do it.

In this case, there aren't as many monsters, and people also figured out that claiming regions makes them spawn less. This is the result of their own choices and actions. Now they are turning around and complaining of the consequences of their deeds like little kids (Mentally I don't doubt they are)

Make up your minds. Either you do your little empire fantasy and then deal with how that works, meaning less wilderness, more human political mindgames, a bunch of colonization ideas that involve stealing land from other humans. Or you can cut down on your little "take ovah da world!" scheme and try to keep your realm stable and your characters and their players satisfied. You don't HAVE to go out and civilize everything. But if you do, don't complain about it. That's just being childish.