Author Topic: Dwilight losing its saltiness?  (Read 38310 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight losing its saltiness?
« Reply #45: January 08, 2012, 02:26:43 AM »
That didn't work for the Third Invasion, it didn't work for the Fourth Invasion, and I don't particularly see it working here.  And by "working" I mean "making things more fun for more players than it makes less fun" because this is a game, and that's kinda the point.

Yes, as any experienced game master or dungeon master can attest, it is damn hard to lead players around and drop enough hints for them to work stuff out, without making it too easy and just handing everything over. Even in the current invasion I'm sure players are missing stuff that Tom has thought was obvious, that is just the nature of the beast.

The fact remains that there ARE players that are working out how to deal with the Zuma, and how to make headway with them. Hell for all the complaints about the first King of Asylon, the guy DID manage to get the Zuma to relinquish their claims on several regions and come to an arrangement that meant Ayslon could be founded without fearing instant retaliation by the Zuma. He achieved all that within 2 weeks of learning the Zuma even existed. Perhaps it was dumb luck, or perhaps since he was just a simple knight at the time, and a reasonably new player he didn't go into the negotiations with all the baggage some players are dragging around and clouding their decisions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.