Author Topic: Anniversary / New Years Eve  (Read 3138 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Anniversary / New Years Eve
« Topic Start: January 08, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »
Anyone else remember when turns were suspended for two weeks across all BattleMaster years ago and it looked like this wonderful game might come to a premature end? I guess that has to do with the sad times Tom mentioned, but it actually turned into a cracking time for RP all round! In particular I recall the RedSpan General, I think it might've been AJ but don't quote me on it, he did this fantastic RP. I can't do it justice, but he was going round the region taking in how everything was frozen and all that. Wish I could remember more of the detail but it's too long ago now! I loved it though :-)

...anyway, I could say much more, and occasionally go into reminiscence mode in one place or another, fell free to contact me if you really want to :)

Cheers for that! I absolutely love hearing about ancient BM history. Especially stuff I wasn't around for. It all seems so exotic and mythical. This bygone age of great empires and astounding nobles in the earlier days of BM. It's why I still love checking out the Atamara Times on the wiki every so often for a taste of Atamara from absurdly long ago. And it's why all older players should get out on the wiki and get recording the past if they haven't already.

More players, of all stripes, old or new, need to get into action on the wiki. Flesh out the world. Record the lore and history of your realms. Pass it on so that 11 years from now, new players can turn up and discover all that has gone on before them. See the mistakes they should avoid. The models they should follow. Let them ponder how a realm like Abington ever imploded, perhaps how CE eventually went the same way (;)) How on earth Beluaterra ever survived the Fifth Invasion, let alone reached a Tenth etc. etc.