Author Topic: "Destructible" Messages  (Read 11904 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: "Destructible" Messages
« Topic Start: January 03, 2012, 11:41:22 PM »
Sometimes you're in a situation, for instance when blackmailing or when using politics of the more shady kind, that it's unsettling to know another can hold evidence for your words. I could for instance threaten someone 'privately', only for that person to copy my message and forward it to anyone who'd like to know.

Now in the real world, if I didn't want a message to be recorded, I'd send in a messenger, delivering an oral message instead.

Would it be possible to simulate something similar in Battlemaster? I believe it would deepen interaction and intrigue, for evident reasons. I haven't thought too far about this though, so perhaps I'm missing some less beneficial side-effects.

Ways to simulate this would be a message that can only be read once (and is not delivered in html, so it can't be copied - if that is even possible?) or to add an extra option to the list of Request-Letter-Roleplay-Orders. This 'stamp' would effectively mean that even though copying the message is technically possible, it would be frowned upon or even treated as cheating. It would also allow roleplays where the recipient /does/ somehow record the message (a roleplayed witness?), but with the explicit permission of the sender.

Thoughts? :)

PS: I know there's a feature freeze. I don't mind if this goes into the freezer (granted that it would ever actually get there :P )

If it is displayed in a browser, then it can be copied. There are some javascript tricks to try prevent cut and past etc, and there are plenty of extensions, greasemonkey scripts and the like that get around them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.