Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 174773 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #525: February 05, 2012, 04:08:52 AM »
When I see "Has anyone mentioned the concerns of the army sizes in game? No. How do you know what response you would get? You don't, you just make assumptions", what this means to me is "You're not good enough to beat the game. Work harder."
My interpretation of this is that he's saying "As a player, don't make assumptions about what the characters will do. You can't know what the characters will do unless you go find out." Now, you may not want to find out. Your character may make any assumption you want them to make.

But people shouldn't come to the forum and say "Why should I go ask them? They won't tell me anyway."  That's an OOC assumption. Or, at least, that statement says that the poster has made an OOC assumption about what will happen if their characters were to go do something. If my character were concerned about the massive armies that the Zuma have (and Brance doesn't really know or care, the Zuma are too far away for him to worry), he just might go ask them why they feel the need to have such a huge army. After all, if your neighbor claims he wants to be your friend, or just wants to be left alone, yet maintains a unreasonably huge army, wouldn't you want to know why? So, why not ask? What's the worst he's likely to do, tell you it's none of your business, and you should GTFO of his land? And if he does start a war, then... hey... war! Woohoo! We need more of them anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.