Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172559 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #525: February 05, 2012, 08:30:37 AM »
This is a question of style. Personally, I see Von Genf's point. If your character's only encounter with the daimons was with an inhuman horror like Screamer, why on earth would you ever try to deal with them again? Why wouldn't you simply try to get as far away from them as possible? Sure, as a PLAYER you can know that there's probably more to them. But if you take your character seriously as a superstitious medieval noble, SMA style, why wouldn't you be terrified given that RP? Continuing to try to interact with them after such an encounter is borderline *insane* from the roleplaying standpoint.

Ans seriously, why would anyone bother to *ask* another realm why they have such a big army? Isn't the answer self-evident? It's there. You know what that means. Enough said. When have armies ever been a subject of diplomatic debate other than in the context of surrender talks?

If that is the character attitude, that there is no point to asking, which is fine mind you, then they sort of don't deserve any other resolution do they. Before hostilities with PeL we were regularly asking each other about why forces appeared on the border. At one stage I had massed our entire army on the border, but that was to go into Metten Dews to rid the region of monsters. As relations were terse we quickly received an inquiry into what our forces were up to.

Let me put it another way, if the force in question is a single unit, owned by the region lord. Now suddenly do you think there might be OTHER reasons the force is there?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:34:26 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.