Author Topic: Rework the Vulgarity flag feature  (Read 23109 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Rework the Vulgarity flag feature
« Reply #60: January 24, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
Yeah... I don't see how it makes it a worse crime because I admitted to doing it, and then admitted I was wrong on the matter. We have ex-multi-cheaters on the forum too, don't we: people who used to run multis, either got caught/confessed, and closed their multis/started new "clean" accounts? Don't we have such people? Should they be forever prohibited from playing?

Yes, it was abuse. I did not believe it was so at the time. My reasons for believing that were many and, at the time, seemed reasonably good. Those reasons were not predicated on some wildly deviant root-understanding of BM's rules. The main deviancy in basic understanding of BM society I have, historically, has been to demand hyper-realism, not laxity on abuse. What I did was abuse (though, curiously, I was never able to find any instance where any leaked knowledge was actually ever used to any effect, not that that really matters much). I know that now. I won't do it again. You can choose to disbelieve me if you want, I guess. But, crucially, what I did was not categorized as abuse at the time. In hindsight, I absolutely see the flaws in my reasoning and see what I should have done.

Anyway, I've alreay taken what actions I deem appropriate on this. Everyone else is free to make their own decisions on it. I certainly won't be trusting any characters of a player that has admitted and defended such "creative" interpretations of the rules in future.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that. I hope you are not saying that you will engage in IC discrimination based on an OOC debate. As it would happen, we do have two characters in the same realm: Kindara. I want you to know that I do not intend to take out any OOC frustration I may have with you in an IC fashion, whatever decisions you may make.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner