Author Topic: To RP or not to RP...  (Read 14576 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: To RP or not to RP...
« Reply #15: January 13, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
I don't know of anyone in Luria douchey enough to magically know what happened in that RP.

On the other hand, your doing that RP means that logically deducing who did it can't be done any more. Considering the fact that you placed an enormous bounty and were one of the richest people involved in that whole debate, anyone with half a brain could deduce that you did it. Now, if someone were to say they did so, they would look like an !@#$%^& who just ripped information from the rp, turning the whole thing into a messy catastrophe.

I just don't see how what I did was wrong though. I RP'ed a narrative of my character which explained the reasons for his actions. As a player I don't mind if people figure out that he was the one who set the bounty. The only part I mind, is if people say that he set the bounty without even RP'ing reasoning behind it. My character is easily one of the top suspects for the bounty placement and logic used to relay that would be quite acceptable. However, if asked: "How do you know?" and they don't have a good response, then that is where the problem is.

The question becomes is it a mistake to RP the reasons for actions that one takes? I've done it all the time to show aspects of my character to other players which disagrees with what the actions themselves may show or what their characters may think of my character. (Acting nice while being mean, and vice versa). This isn't anything like everyone knowing that Jenred is insane on the Far East. (Everyone does know that right?) but more just showing the character's personality.

As long as a reasonable explanation is given as to how someone knows information, especially if it was sent in an RP then I am fine with them knowing. If I cared as much as a player about no one knowing I would have never written an RP about it. But, I want my roleplays to promote positive game interaction instead of non-interaction or breakdown of all roleplay.

P.S. If someone wants to give me a detailed explanation of how they feel I'm in the wrong or better understand how to fix what I'm doing to help the player base more, feel free to send me a private message on the forums or in game. (OOC). Even if just to explain some of your points more than is possible in a forum setting, I'm quite open to criticism.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."