Author Topic: Rebalance of seasons on dwilight  (Read 12021 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance of seasons on dwilight
« Reply #30: January 19, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
Abington never could feed itself, and neither could Suville (nor, I believe, Caergoth, but I'm not sure on that).
Abington/Suville occupy the same spot on AT that KoA had on BT. Eno/Suville is one pig of a city. Huge and hard to feed. Feeding Eno (and Jidington) is why I never gave the order to take the city of Eylmon. As far as I know, it is one of the few areas in the game that really has a shortage of available food production actually built into the region stats. But that may have more to do with the political geography of the area. KoA was hemmed in by Luz de Bia (Who had thousands and thousands of stockpiled food) and then by Enweil, who was militarily stronger than us by quite a large margin.

Riombara had serious difficulties.  Luria as a whole had serious problems until new estates allowed taking and holding of more rural regions, not to mention D'hara.
Not sure about Riombara, as I have no experience with that area, really.
D'Hara... well... it's their own fault for having such a nutjob realm geography. Yes, it is driven by diplomacy. But that diplomacy is their own fault. So...it's still all their own fault.

The Lurian shortages have nothing to do with seasons, or with the food producing capacity of the regions in the area. It's that they have been unable to take the regions. The food is there, if they could have just taken the land.

Arcaea, Cathay, Ethiala, and Toupellon either have or used to have chronic problems with food.
Arcaea has too mcuh land, and can't control it all. That's why it's all going rogue. Couple that with the same problem Toupellon has: a banker not doing their job. Toupellon produces a surplus, but can't manage it well enough to keep everyone fed. Cathay was probably in the same position. Don't know about Ethiala, that was before my time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.