Author Topic: Banks Charging/Stealing Gold?  (Read 6817 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Banks Charging/Stealing Gold?
« Topic Start: January 18, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
I've been mulling this over, and I believe I was targetting the wrong action. It was rather the sending of the bonds that subtracted the gold. I converted the gold to bonds, then sent 25 bonds to someone (shouldn't cost anything) and was 2 bonds shorter (total 27 shorter) after sending 25 bonds.

Regrettably I cannot give screenshots, however, I will argue my case by logic, and given the argument, I feel it should suffice...

The smallest amount that one can convert to bonds is 50.

I had Exactly 50 gold (not provable, but bear with me).

I converted all my gold to bonds (50). I then sent off 25 immediately, without doing anything inbetween. I then had 23 bonds.

So: how could I possibly reach 23 bonds from 50 when when I sent exactly 25, and couldn't have had more otherwise I would have more than 23?

From the bank now:

Banking
You don't carry any bonds at the moment. However, you have 26 gold coins with you.

You cannot get any more bonds because the bank will only issue them in multiples of 50 gold

I currently have 26 bonds/gold (received 3 bonds from tax today). It seems like a fairly solid argument to me, lacking only screenshots...