Author Topic: Inalienable Rights Violation  (Read 28646 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Inalienable Rights Violation
« Topic Start: January 18, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
I believe it should be mentioned that Solari, De-Legro, Sacha, and myself are all involved with this case and should probably recuse ourselves.

Before doing so, however, I feel that there is something that must be addressed.

Quote from: TH
the intent of the rights, which is to protect players from having to constantly be online in order to play battlemaster without consequences.

This is not accurate. The intent of the IR in question is not a universal shield from the consequences of various activity levels but a shield against discrimination based solely upon a player's activity level. You will suffer consequences if you are not on BM constantly, for example it is simply a matter of fact that the ability to respond quickly is a powerful advantage, and that those who do not take that advantage are therefor 'suffering consequences.' If one were to log in to their character once every five days you would fail to see orders and requests made of the character, and other players would be perfectly justified in fining or banning your character for failing to respond to orders and requests. It has been made very clear in the past that the IRs are not a catch-all, and that they are not designed as such. What these IR do protect from is what we saw many years ago where characters were promoted solely based on their login activity, or banned from a realm only for logging in infrequently, or ordered to log in at some specific hour of the day.

The fact of the matter is that, some times, a thing happens which will require a significant time investment from you as a player if you wish it to come out in your favor. That is the nature of both communication and politics. The Inalienable Rights do not forbid such a situation from arising, and in fact such situations are exactly the sort of thing that should be encouraged because they reflect intense and significant roleplaying between the players in a game designed to be a roleplaying game.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.